Docker.img filling up

fonzie

The usual reason for filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped. Check each application that writes data such as downloads or transcodes or dvr, etc. and make sure it is configured to only write to a path that corresponds exactly to a container path in the mappings.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

The usual reason for filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped. Check each application that writes data such as downloads or transcodes or dvr, etc. and make sure it is configured to only write to a path that corresponds exactly to a container path in the mappings.

I've had experience with this happening in the past so I'm careful to make sure the directories are correct when adding new dockers.  I haven't configured or added any new dockers recently so I'm confused as to why this would happen suddenly this morning.  Is there a way to see what is being written to the docker.img in realtime?

25 minutes ago, rachid596 said:

Maybe you have a lot of orphan images

Envoyé de mon HD1913 en utilisant Tapatalk

How do I check for the orphan images?

I was planning on deleting the docker.img and rebuilding but I'm afraid that what caused it to happen the first time will just do it again

• 1 month later...

I know there is a FAQ about this and I ready the answers... but for me I still do not know how to resolve this. As this thread still is kept pretty general I also do not intend to capture this and keep it general and helpful for others...

My docker file size is 320gb and I am running like 10 docker containers. After a few days the docker.img is at over 90% usage, while the "container size" on docker page shows a total space used of 6gb, including writable and log..

I am still a UNRAID newby, so please forgive me the question... as FAQ doesn't help...

Thanks in advance

Dave

image.png.1538ed5acea8609d00552c93b26a9fbd.png

image.png.c49ddf566e69f1c993865f36d8db1671.png

Docker settings/volume info

image.thumb.png.5f2a69ab22458c6e36d9337b49658c4a.png

image.thumb.png.f94e6fc338d9652674cff1f06a1d8907.pngimage.thumb.png.af60ba71d3ece9ce4ed987c5bab85016.png

I am now going through every docker container by using

du -a /dir/ | sort -n -r | head -n 20

on the console to find the biggest files/directories.

Why doesn't "Cointainer size" show the "really" used space inside docker.img?

It looks like Xeoma is storing files outside the network mapping intended...

Edited by cotwild
1 hour ago, trurl said:

20G should be more than enough. 

Go to Settings Docker, disable then delete docker.img from that page. Change size to 20G then enable to recreate. 

The Previous Apps feature on the Apps page will reinstall your dockers exactly as they were. 

Perfect 🙂 Was a bit curious about deleting the docker.img, but I worked like a charm. Thanks a lot trurl