(SOLVED) Files pass qbittorent hash check, but do not appear in Terminal/Finder

Version: 6.8.3

I'm having a concerning problem and I'm not sure where to start even diagnosing this. My gut says it's a filesystem issue, but I'm hoping you guys can help.

I recently re-added a torrent to qbittorrent. It went through its hash check and reported 99.9% complete, suggesting the data is there:

785302544_ScreenShot2021-01-21at1_28_34PM.thumb.png.8f1a6215c76b9362c52e825eab2286be.png

However, if I try to view these files from the web file explorer of Unraid, from a MacOS Finder window, or from the web terminal of unraid, none of these files appear:

219659186_ScreenShot2021-01-21at1_29_09PM.png.e5533f11ec62b7cb5c0d43c9619b6d94.png148265793_ScreenShot2021-01-21at1_29_34PM.thumb.png.dfb36ffe2a49df577b4851ef96ac2dd5.png495735247_ScreenShot2021-01-21at1_30_17PM.thumb.png.8c362b73afdefbf689be13f0898e2d3a.pngI've edited out the name of the folder out of an abundance of caution, but it's absolutely the right location that I'm checking. This series has now also disappeared from my Plex server.

I am not particularly concerned about losing this one series, but am very concerned that this is indicative of a larger problem. Recent (within the last week) SMART scans of all drives were fine, but I am running extended tests again.

I've attached the diagnostics archive and hope someone can shed some light on what's going on here. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

dunbar-diagnostics-20210121-1331.zip

Edited by dgallaher
12 minutes ago, dgallaher said:

I'm sure I've left out some important detail. I'm kind of at a loss here for what might be happening. If anyone has any suggestions at all for things to check or further info to post, please let me know.

Where do you have qbittorrent configured to store files that are not yet complete?  I suspect that you were looking in the wrong place.  Also worth noting that files may not be visible across the network if permissions are wrong.

14 hours ago, itimpi said:

Where do you have qbittorrent configured to store files that are not yet complete?  I suspect that you were looking in the wrong place.  Also worth noting that files may not be visible across the network if permissions are wrong.

Oh my god. Thank you for a polite and helpful response to what in retrospect was a weird and stupid question.

I do have my torrent client set up to store incomplete files in a different directory. Since these torrents had previously been completed, I didn't expect that the client would move the files back out to the incomplete storage (to finish the poster art and nfo). It happened with this show and with files for a movie as well in quick succession, so I overreacted and feared the worst.

Again, really appreciate the kind response.

• dgallaher changed the title to (SOLVED) Files pass qbittorent hash check, but do not appear in Terminal/Finder