docker.img - dummies guide

Jacko_

I've written into docker.img by miss-configuring an app.  Can anyone link to a dummies guide on how to look at the docker.img file and understand how to delete from the file.  currently the file is 21.5GB and i'm hoping i can shrink the file down as my cache is @ 80%.

Thanks

No need to delete from docker.img. Since it only contains the downloaded executables for your dockers, you don't need to keep it at all since it is easily recreated.

Go to Settings - Docker, Disable then Delete docker.img from that same page. Enable again will recreate it. Then you can reinstall all your dockers exactly as they were using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page.

Hi trurl,

Thanks for this.  With this containing the downloaded exe's then deleting it and starting Docker backup just recreated the file in full.  I guess what i need to do is delete the Docker image template from the file but i'm not sure how.  I'll do some searching and see if that's possible.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Jacko_ said:

just recreated the file in full

Do it again just like I said.

When you use the Previous Apps feature to reinstall your dockers exactly as they were, do them one at a time, and if you need to change anything because something is misconfigured, just change it. The Apps page takes you to the Add Container page when you install each docker and you can edit it as needed before reinstalling it.