Data Integrity Enabled by Default on BTRFS Array File Systems?

5 hours ago, Toadster said:

A copy command at the terminal of the on-disk test file aborts with an error. A copy command of the test file through FUSE completes normally, without error.

Yep, just as I suspected, it's likely related to the direct option in FUSE, will need to investigate.

5 hours ago, Toadster said:

The issue has been around a while, apparently.

Most likely, I've always tested on the disk shares so never caught it, good that you did it on the user shares.

• 3 months later...

I've waited 3 MONTHS for the fix and UNRAID management has prioritized other features over being able to run a basic btrfs data integrity check and have it actually work?

It was a mistake buying an UNRAID license. I'll switch my PowerEdge R320 to TrueNAS this week so I can have ZFS.

If there is a way to deactivate my license and get a refund, and there probably isn't, I'd like to do that.

Thanks. You can't do more than that.

>...still it would be nice if it worked as it should.

You're so polite and diplomatic. Me, not so much.

My neighbor wants to leech some of my media files over WiFi but I don't want to give him access to my wireless networks (yes, plural), and he is a Mac man. To re-purpose UNRAID, I bought a $5 wireless router and will pair that with an old laptop running my UNRAID license so he'll have a dedicated server in my house he can access from his home. Hosting files you don't really care about is all UNRAID is good for, because data integrity checking isn't working and may never be fixed.