Issues Moving to New hardware

dkrutz

Hello all,

I had been running my i raid system on a dell r510 for the past few years no issues and love it. Had 8 drives total 2 parity 1 cache ssd and the rest shucked wds variable sizes mostly 10tb. Well the r510 cpu went out and i had to make a new build. I put it all together and read that unsaid should if using all the same drives recognize each drive as it should. Well the r510 named everything based off the raid card and now it doesn’t recognize any of the drives. I can figure out 3 of them for sure by size but past that I have no clue what I can do to try to get it all up and running again. Any help would be immensely appreciated. Version 6.8.3

8 hours ago, dkrutz said:

I put it all together and read that unsaid should if using all the same drives recognize each drive as it should.

Yes, if like recommended you were not using RAID controllers.

8 hours ago, dkrutz said:

I can figure out 3 of them

Do you now which one is parity? Single or dual parity?

I know which are parity and which aren’t using unassigned devices. I settled on using new larger drives to create a new array and transfer all my data to them then add the drive to the array and format it once i know it’s all off. It’s going to take time but it was the only method i could think of.