[SOLVED] How often do drive temps update in dashboard?

Hi Folks.

I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.  I am trying to work out how frequently the drive temperatures are updated in the Dashboard & Main webgui pages.  Anyone know?  Once every 10 minutes?  Or is it a more-or-less live reading from the disks?

I am aware they don't show temps when spun down.

Reason I'm asking is because I installed a shucked 10TB Western Digital air cooled drive (WDC_WD101EMAZ) that always ran hotter than the heliums in the system.  It was typically sitting at 37C, but hit 60C during a parity check.  This also bumped the other drive temps into the 40s during parity (they typically run 32-34C during normal use).

I've rearranged the drives now so the air cooled 'hotter' drive is on top, and have now added an extra fan blowing across it.  Have been running a stress test for the last 2 hours, pulling 5 streams from both my data disks (parity is spun down).  

Now the HGST helium drive is happily sitting at 32C (more or less same as before), and the 'hot' WD highest temp since adding the fan has been 29C.  It has just settled at 28C.

I'm just interested to know how often the temp stats update in the gui, and if there is a way to force a live reading (if that is necessary).

Cheers!

Edited by MediaMaan
Marking as solved
1 hour ago, itimpi said:

I believe tHe frequency is determined by Settings -> Disk settings -> Tunable (poll_attributes): which has a default of 1800 seconds (30 minutes).   I normally change it something shorter like 300 seconds. 

Thanks itimpi, I had no idea what that setting was for.  300 seconds seems perfectly acceptable to me, so I have now modified it 🙂

• MediaMaan changed the title to [SOLVED] How often do drive temps update in dashboard?