Root Can't Login - Post 'My Servers' Installation

IJSaul

Aloha!

After installing the My Servers cloud synchronization and restarting, I'm unable to login to the local Web UI or via local console.

I performed the USB file deletion steps, removed the 3 required files, fired the server back up, and I was able to login without a username/password.

I then SET a password using the Web UI, was immediately prompted to login - and was told that my new passwords were incorrect.

This is broken on local console and Web UI again now.

These are all well under the 40 chars limit, completely known passwords.  It APPEARS that something in the My Server password requirements is suddenly breaking this login system. I have not yet configured the SSL certs and whatnot, so I'm using just standard LOCAL LAN over HTTP.

I'm sure I can manually delete the required files again, however, what is creating this broken local login issue?

Cheers, -Ian

After deleting the local password files again, I was able to login.

I disabled DNS rebind on my router, and correctly provisioned an unRAID SSL Cert.

I was then notified the process couldn't continue, until I setup a new root password - I set the SAME one as I'd been using, and can now login to the local system, using the "idstring.unraid.net" pathway locally.

Is there perhaps something broken if you attempt the My Server setup, on a non-SSL enabled system?

Thanks.