VIDEO GUIDE - How to setup Guacamole as a clientless remote gateway

Great vid. Is there a way to use RDP without using a password protected account? Also is there a way where the user at the remote PC can see you control the pc in real time? When I got it to work the remote pc would go into a login type screen whenever I was logged on. Then when I was done the user had to log back in. Even if it was the same account. If end user at remote pc could see me work, it would help in troubleshooting. Thank you. 

8 hours ago, wrotruck said:

Great tutorial!

I followed it to the the letter and did fresh installs of both swag and apache guacamole.  For some reason, I'm getting a 502 Bad gateway error wen I test in a web browser.

Any idea what I did wrong? 

Me too, If I change Guacamole to the proxynet that I setup in previous tutorials I can then access the webui remotely, but I don't have connection to the vm that I setup to control anymore.

10 hours ago, joecool169 said:

Me too, If I change Guacamole to the proxynet that I setup in previous tutorials I can then access the webui remotely, but I don't have connection to the vm that I setup to control anymore.

I can't even get a connection on proxynet...

The problem seems to be with a swag config somewhere.  I'm not very sure where to go looking. 

Got mine working but I'm not sure how. I followed the video guide exactly, spent hours re-checking everything, re-watched the video several times. Tried loads of stuff, different ports, proxynet, everything I could think of. After 2 nights of troubleshooting I put it all back to the way it was in the video and it worked.

Normally after I go through something like this I can look back and figure out what I did wrong, not this time. I spent 6+ hours troubleshooting went back to where I started and everything worked.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 2:13 AM, pwn4fun said:

@wrotruck@joecool169@ra1k_0

You need to enable "Host access to custom networks".

Settings - Docker - Enable Docker "NO" - "Apply" - click on advanced view - Host access to custom networks "Enabled" - "Apply" - Enable Docker "YES" - "Apply".

This should solve the 502 bad gateway issue.

That was exactly the problem!  Your change worked like a charm.

Thank you, sir.  You are a gentleman and a scholar!

• 3 months later...

Does any one have an idea on how to configure DUO API Keys into Guacamole?

As soon as I set OPT_DUO = Y. When I try to login I get "An error has occurred and this action cannot be completed. If the problem persists, please notify your system administrator or check your system logs."

I found the configuration in \appdata\ApacheGuacamole\guacamole\guacamole.properties

Edited by Adam S
Solution
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 2:59 PM, zyurph said:

I am having an the same issue getting 502 bad gateway on both guacamole and nextcloud.  I found that I had "Host access to custom networks" disabled, but enabling it still did not fix it.  Is there anything else that could cause this problem?

I was able to resolve my issue by replacing the docker name on the upstream_app line in the subdomain.conf file to the ip address of the unraid server.  This also fixed nextcloud as well. 

• 4 months later...

Ive enabled TOTP but when i login i get "TOTP.INFO_VERIFICATION_FAILED". I do not get prompted to add MFA via the QR code, but just a note saying "TOTP.info_enroll_required".

What am i missing here?

EDIT: the fix is to clear cache in browser.

Edited by isaacery
  • 1 month later...

How do you set this up for access to Unraid if you have SSH keys? (IE, remote access to Unraid..) 

I'm not understanding what key goes where in the config or if I need a passphrase? 

Can I find the needed config items in /boot/config/ssh ? 

Edited by dja
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 10:00 PM, zyurph said:

I was able to resolve my issue by replacing the docker name on the upstream_app line in the subdomain.conf file to the ip address of the unraid server.  This also fixed nextcloud as well. 

I am getting 502 bad gateway errors as well and I have done this already. The only solution I have found is to disable "Host access to custom networks" and then renable it. The issue happens later on again though. 

• 6 months later...