Power Consumption Issue/Question

Herbiewalker

Hey! Just a quick note to ask about power consumption.

Over the past day I have noticed my power load increase from ~215 Watts on my APC UPS to ~425 Watts. I haven't changed anything on my build, but cant seem to locate a log or status indicator of what is using the power and why it changed. My normal UPS load stays between 190 Watts to 240 Watts.

Can anyone point me in the right dictation? 

2 hours ago, Vr2Io said:

Then spindown all disks and check power usage delta.

Did a spin down and restart of the array and its back to functioning normally for power consumption. 

Just for curiosity sake, is there a way to see what apps/dockers/services are using the most power in unraid?

Thanks for the help 

It look like the UPS reading is due to power usage overshot and this is quite normal when power usage increase ( also depends on UPS polling update ). In first I general check your CPU should be 70w TDP, so overshot shouldn't cause by CPU, on other hand, 8 disks also shouldn't cause overshot that much. Anyway suggest keep monitoring.

12 minutes ago, Herbiewalker said:

Just for curiosity sake, is there a way to see what apps/dockers/services are using the most power in unraid?

I don't think you can really get that figure, or at command prompt use "top" for overview CPU usage.

Edited by Vr2Io