Which Plex Docker?

Which PLEX Media server docker do I use?  Looks as I have 4 I can choose from:

-- Official PLEX version

-- binhex PLEX

-- linuxserver.io

-- hotio

I set up and been configuring my first UNRAID server (6.9.0-rc2).  Simple home NAS, and moving the PLEX server off my Window's 10 machine, where it's been for a few years.  Server is 1st gen R5 1500X (4c/8t) with a Quadro P400 (for hw transcoding).  Low stress PLEX system - Direct streams to an Apple 4KTV and occasional 1 stream transcode from 1080p x264/x265 source to squeeze it through my home internet when I'm away.

I know there are no simple answers, and I may have whacked a hornet's nest asking who's container is best.  But a short answer of what makes one different from the other would be appreciated.  TIA

I totally agree with jonathanm it all about support. I was running official plex docker but found support to be lacking. I switched to the Linuxserver version and was a lot happier with the support. Having said that I run a lot of binhex dockers and his support is excellent.  The binhex docker version did not exist when I switched.  I personally don’t have any experience with the hotio dockers. 

Understood.

This has been a crash course for me.  Been in the technology field for 40 years (I actually helped start the fab down the street that built the Ryzen in this server 10 years ago).  I take on these projects to learn new stuff, and stay up to date in the fast paced technology world.

So, if they all have the same core code, besides the support (obviously important), what else could be the difference between one to another?

4 minutes ago, ConnerVT said:

So, if they all have the same core code, besides the support (obviously important), what else could be the difference between one to another?

Docker containers are in essence tiny virtual machines, so the base distro that the app runs on can be different, the frequency and method of updating can be different, the supporting apps inside the container can be different. All of these differences are reflected in the type and frequency of questions on the support thread. If you want actual technical details you will have to examine the docker build lists for the different containers, or ask the container's authors for more info.

• Like 1