[DEPRECATED] dyonr - nzbgetvpn

Dyon

THIS PROJECT IS DEPRECATED

Due to loss in interest in maintaining Docker container, this project is no longer being worked on and no updates can be expected.

-------------------------------------

nzbgetvpn is a 'vpn container' in the list of my already other existing containers. My containers are based of a fork of MarkusMcNugen's qBittorrentvpn. However, I changed some things and added support for WireGuard. 

nzbgetvpn-icon-128.png.8ba305200e013510917431bc1a9d4c0c.png

Overview: Docker container which runs NZBGet while connecting to WireGuard or OpenVPN with iptables killswitch to prevent IP leakage when the tunnel goes down. This project is based of my DyonR/jackettvpn, which is based of MarkusMcNugen's qBittorrentvpn.

This containers has support for passing through other containers, the same way as Binhex his containers.

As explained by SpaceInvaderOne; 

I personally do not use NZBGet, so I am unable to give support on the application level of this container.

Base: Debian 10-slim

Automated Build: Not yet

Application: https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/dyonr/nzbgetvpn/

GitHub: https://github.com/DyonR/docker-nzbgetvpn

Edited by Dyon
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 12:15 AM, rguinn said:

@Dyon

Can you please add Python to the docker so I can enable scripts

image.png.9a67ed9a7c0dfc48de996a9e65889ab9.png

Sorry for late reply. Unraid Forums does not send me emails about replied on posts :/

Done. Update the container and add a new Environment Variable named 'INSTALL_PYTHON3' and set it to yes.

image.png.e086677896055784fc47488c891ca975.png

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, DogeKitteh007 said:

Hi, any plans to update nzbget to the latest stable version (21.1)?

Thank you for you efforts!

They finally released an update after more than two years? 🤡

Anyhow, the container is updating, should be up in max. 10 minutes after me posting this message

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

I've been struggling to get PIA and Wireguard working with this Docker.  PIA's lack of an easy Wireguard config file maker has been a pain.

I managed to get @binhex's PrivoxyVPN script working with PIA and Wireguard by using @Dor's PIA Wireguard config script found HERE by dumping the script generated config files into the Wireguard folder.  When I try that with this container it still doesn't work.  Not sure where to go from here.  Openvpn works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

It is I.. again. 😄

Issue: https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/issues/784#issuecomment-931609658

Is it necessary to update the container? I've fixed mine.

edit: I have not fixed mine. 😛

Just putting this out there in case an update is needed. nzbget could no longer connect to news server today because of this issue with certificate.

Edited by DogeKitteh007
Correction
23 hours ago, DogeKitteh007 said:

Hello,

It is I.. again. 😄

Issue: https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/issues/784#issuecomment-931609658

Is it necessary to update the container? I've fixed mine.

edit: I have not fixed mine. 😛

Just putting this out there in case an update is needed. nzbget could no longer connect to news server today because of this issue with certificate.

Same here. Will wait for an update :)

Edit: Thanks, all working now :)

Edited by dedi

I switched today from another nzbget vpn docker.
Whatever I configure for LAN_NETWORK makes exactly that network not working. Only when VPN is activated.
I do have 2 IPs for my unraid.
if I configure like that: 192.168.200.0/24,192.168.0.0/24, then I can't connect at all. If I only use one, the other one is working. If I enter something totally unrelated, then it works on both IPs.
Also sonarr/radarr docker can't connect.
Tried both wireguard and openvpn. If I disable VPN fully it works. And sonarr/radar are able to connect then.
I also started a new docker from scratch with only minimal changes and it still happens.

This does also happen with dyonr/jackettvpn. Other docker with vpn and similar network setting do work.
Any clue what is wrong?

log: https://pastebin.com/HTujsyhb

Edited by dedi
  • 3 months later...

I keep getting this error:

image.thumb.png.cde4eee63cb1d2b60b02cebfab6fa877.png

Googling it said that the file should be chmod 600 I did this but I still get this error?

I am using the same conf file for wirguard as used in Binhex but I can see that he defines the user and password in the docker and you write only for openvpn?

So is the conf file different? sorry havent found much information about this 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm running this docker as custom network on my vlan, all working fine.

However when I change my port to 443 and enable the vpn I can't reach the webui anymore.

This happens bevause in the iptables it allows only the standard ports.

Can this be changed? For example I use binhex-qbittorrentvpn and here the port is set to 443 and also in the iptables.

A solution would be creating a WEBUI variable.

A temp fix is by adding 443 to the aditional ports, but now in the iptables the default ports are also open.

Thx

Edited by Kopernikus
  • Dyon changed the title to [DEPRECATED] dyonr - nzbgetvpn

Due to loss of interest in maintaining the Docker container, this project is no longer being worked on, and no updates can be expected.

If requested, a new container build for a new version of nzbget can be created. However, if the new version of nzbget requires additional dependencies or the build fails, I will not fix it, even if it's minor.

Just to make sure, I built a new container to ensure it's up to date. I didn't check if there was a new version; I just started a new build for the sake of it.

I recommend switching to another nzbget container that has VPN capabilities and receives regular updates and better support.

Edited by Dyon