Docker Showing high utilisation

brent3000

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Docker Utalisation prompt,

I have started to flesh out some more containers and recently along with the UUD and i started to get some docker prompts 

Docker high image disk utilization: 22-01-2021 05:03 AM
Warning [GLADOS] - Docker image disk utilization of 76%
Docker utilization of image file /mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img

Now I believe with some digging the docker image is set to around 20gb, which is considered normal, but i have a question on what is 'normal'

Below is the build out of my containers 

image.png.da0e686de564e851a2673ddc66c4b5a6.png

Now i don't think the containers are setup wrong as i tried removing dolphin, for example, and installed it again and it came in around the 1GB size, so i assume some are just larger than normal? (I assume the writeable is nothing which can be affected or changed?) 

Now i know there is comments about the containers logs taking up most of the space, however looking at the log section most seem to be in the KB and a few in the MB (deff not the 20gb to be worried about or logs taking most of the space)

So my question, at the end of all this, is it 'ok' to just expand the docker image file should I be running a bunch of images on my system? Or is something wrong with my setup for docker to be more than 20gb which i should be looking at? Oddly the number shown in the screenshot is only aprox ~11gb yet docker is showing over 15gb used? not sure if I'm missing something or how to better look into the docker image file.

• 2 weeks later...