Can be installed a DVD/BD-Rom & indepent HDD for Backups in unraid?

artagnan

Hi!

I use a Popcorn C-200 for streaming and I'm buying my unraid components. Before finishing I have this questions:

*Can be a DVD/BD-Rom player installed with unraid? I mean, use one case bay for a DVD/BD-rom and use this unit for:

1 - Rip new DVD + Blu-rays directly to unraid.

2 - Maybe stream any DVD or Blu-ray to my Popcorn C-200 via LAN (Would the Popcorn C-200 recognize the DVD/BD-rom player?)

*I use to make backups of all my HDDs and I was thinking if it is possible to fit a indepent "5.25in Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack for 3.5in HD" in my case and use this bay to make the backups. This bay would be out of unraid share folders, I guess.

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

I use a Popcorn C-200 for streaming and I'm buying my unraid components. Before finishing I have this questions:

*Can be a DVD/BD-Rom player installed with unraid? I mean, use one case bay for a DVD/BD-rom and use this unit for:

2 - Maybe stream any DVD or Blu-ray to my Popcorn C-200 via LAN (Would the Popcorn C-200 recognize the DVD/BD-rom player?)

*I use to make backups of all my HDDs and I was thinking if it is possible to fit a indepent "5.25in Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack for 3.5in HD" in my case and use this bay to make the backups. This bay would be out of unraid share folders, I guess.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think unRAID has the file-system drivers needed to recognize the DVD or Blu-Ray contents.  You would need a custom kernel for it to work.

Hi!

Thanks in advance.

I don't think unRAID has the file-system drivers needed to recognize the DVD or Blu-Ray contents.   You would need a custom kernel for it to work.

Even if you did, is there a linux command line program to remove the protection from a Blu-ray?

Archived