[Support] PTRFRLL - Docker images

• 1 month later...

I have this happily crunching away, but I'm seeing rather poor performance. I'm 10 MH/s under what I should be getting. the only thing I've done is limit the power level to 72w as that is as low as I can get it without impacting performance.

I'd love to OC the card, but I co-use the card with Unmanic and Plex.

95% of the time T-Rex Miner is the ONLY thing using the card. I shut off T-Rex Miner and UnManic during peak viewing hours (4PM to midnight) hours every night.

2022-01-06 09_47_57-Window.png

2022-01-06 09_49_31-Window.png

2022-01-06 09_49_41-Window.png

On 1/6/2022 at 11:34 PM, Bolagnaise said:

How are you doing this? Via User scripts?

I use this script, which checks if Plex has started transcoding and stops Trex if that is true.
It starts Trex after Plex has finished transcoding.
It is for Nvidia cards only. Feel free to use it and modify it to your needs.

#!/bin/bash

# Check if nvidia-smi daemon is running and start it if not.
if [[ `ps ax | grep nvidia-smi | grep daemon` == "" ]]; then
    /usr/bin/nvidia-smi daemon
fi

sleep 300 # Wait until array is online and all dockers are started. Comment this out if you are testing the script.

TREX=`docker container ls -q --filter name=trex*`

while true; do
    if [[ `/usr/bin/nvidia-smi | grep Plex` == "" ]]; then
        # If Plex is not transcoding, start the trex-miner container if it is not running.
        if [[ `docker ps | grep $TREX` == "" ]]; then
            echo "No Plex, starting Trex."
            docker start $TREX
        fi
    else
        # If Plex is transcoding, stop the trex-miner container if it is running.
        if [[ `docker ps | grep $TREX` != "" ]]; then
            echo "Plex running, stopping Trex."
            docker stop $TREX
        fi
    fi
    sleep 1
done

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, ICDeadPpl said:

I use this script, which checks if Plex has started transcoding and stops Trex if that is true.
It starts Trex after Plex has finished transcoding.
It is for Nvidia cards only. Feel free to use it and modify it to your needs.

#!/bin/bash

# Check if nvidia-smi daemon is running and start it if not.
if [[ `ps ax | grep nvidia-smi | grep daemon` == "" ]]; then
    /usr/bin/nvidia-smi daemon
fi

sleep 300 # Wait until array is online and all dockers are started. Comment this out if you are testing the script.

TREX=`docker container ls -q --filter name=trex*`

while true; do
    if [[ `/usr/bin/nvidia-smi | grep Plex` == "" ]]; then
        # If Plex is not transcoding, start the trex-miner container if it is not running.
        if [[ `docker ps | grep $TREX` == "" ]]; then
            echo "No Plex, starting Trex."
            docker start $TREX
        fi
    else
        # If Plex is transcoding, stop the trex-miner container if it is running.
        if [[ `docker ps | grep $TREX` != "" ]]; then
            echo "Plex running, stopping Trex."
            docker stop $TREX
        fi
    fi
    sleep 1
done

How often do you run this? do you use a watchdog or a cron job?

Edited by eagle470
On 1/8/2022 at 1:35 PM, ICDeadPpl said:

I have set it to run at first array start only. The script itself runs in a infinite loop and has a 1 second long pause between checks (the "sleep 1" part at the end).

thanks, I cloned it and modded it to work for unmanic as well. super helpful!

3 hours ago, eagle470 said:

@PTRFRLL would you be interested in adding the following libraries to the package? it would enable people to use the following script inside the container.

You could also add the script to allow for limited OC capabilities:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1340946/nvidia-rtx-3070-eth-overclock-in-ubuntu20-04-nvidia-settings-a-gpugraphicscloc

I have not found a good way to include nvidia-settings and X11 into the container without requiring a specific version of nvidia drivers. I hesitate to do that as it would cause compatibility issues with many who use this container. I'm open to suggestions though.

4 minutes ago, PTRFRLL said:

I have not found a good way to include nvidia-settings and X11 into the container without requiring a specific version of nvidia drivers. I hesitate to do that as it would cause compatibility issues with many who use this container. I'm open to suggestions though.

I'll take a beta fork, I have no problem running a secondary container, especially since it would only impact 1 gpu.

11 hours ago, kizer said:

MovieMatch

Is there a way to sort the movies by last added vs Random? I ask this because when I add new movies to Plex the 4 of us normally have a little argument to which movie we want to watch that was recently added. 

I don't believe there is a way to sort at present. You could submit an issue on the project for consideration: https://github.com/LukeChannings/moviematch

Can anyone tell me how to set power level for a specific GPU, via unraid console? I have two gf cards  - a 2060 super - which I managed to get to 125 watts, but I would like to set the power level of the 1660 super I have, and Im not sure how to get the command to work against/for this card - I thinking I need to select/nominate it somehow first?

Edited by Vatoe
6 hours ago, Vatoe said:

Can anyone tell me how to set power level for a specific GPU, via unraid console? I have two gf cards  - a 2060 super - which I managed to get to 125 watts, but I would like to set the power level of the 1660 super I have, and Im not sure how to get the command to work against/for this card - I thinking I need to select/nominate it somehow first?

I believe you add the -i flag to the command to specify the id or index of the GPU you want. Use nvidia-smi to print all cards and grab the GPU ID:

nvidia-smi -i 0 -pl 125 #assuming card 0 is the one you want

Edited by PTRFRLL
2 hours ago, PTRFRLL said:

I believe you add the -i flag to the command to specify the id or index of the GPU you want. Use nvidia-smi to print all cards and grab the GPU ID:

nvidia-smi -i 0 -pl 125 #assuming card 0 is the one you want

Awesome that did the trick.! Thanks for our help.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest version on T-Rex seems to be giving me some errors and not starting

image.thumb.png.ae18ec27bf55c628d43face6e412643a.png

Version 3.6.1 works fine

I checked all my configs and they haven't changed, so I'm not quite sure what's going on.

Switching to the cuda10-latest tag does work, but I noticed that it was using v0.24.2 of t-rex

nvidia-smi output:
image.png.96213aa2730c7fef039ba5b7ff742485.png

Any thoughts to what the problem might be?

On 2/12/2022 at 9:38 AM, BigHairyWookie said:

The latest version on T-Rex seems to be giving me some errors and not starting

image.thumb.png.ae18ec27bf55c628d43face6e412643a.png

Version 3.6.1 works fine

I checked all my configs and they haven't changed, so I'm not quite sure what's going on.

Switching to the cuda10-latest tag does work, but I noticed that it was using v0.24.2 of t-rex

nvidia-smi output:
image.png.96213aa2730c7fef039ba5b7ff742485.png

Any thoughts to what the problem might be?

My only guess would be something related to that latest driver (510.39.01). You might try downgrading that OR seeing if the new container build (3.8) helps at all

Need help with Trex docker.

I have to manually enter my pool information each time it starts or it won't connect/mine.

In the unraid docker edit there is only one field named "server" and here I have entered   eth-us-east.flexpool.io

However it won't connect unless I go into the actual GUI after it's started and select SSL then enter the pool above and enter the port 5555.  Then it works fine, until the docker is restarted at which time it won't connect again.

I tried editing the config.json under the tree-miner folder of appdata with the following:

"pools" : 
        [
                {
                        "pass" : "x",
                        "url" : "stratum+ssl://eth-us-east.flexpool.io:5555",

However this doesn't seem to work.

What am I missing/doing wrong?

advTHANKSance!