[Support] PTRFRLL - Docker images

Available Applications

• trex-miner
    • Container with Nvidia Driver which allows for GPU crypto mining (ETH, ETC, Zcash, etc)
      • Use the nvidia-driver plugin to get nvidia drivers installed on your Unraid host
      • I would recommend setting a power limit on your GPU. From the Unraid command line (not within the docker)
        nvidia-smi -pl 75

Here I'm setting a power limit of 75 watts

•  IMPORTANT: You must select the proper CUDA version when installing:
      • With stable release of Unraid 6.9.0, the latest tag now points to cuda 11 build
      • If you need the cuda 10 build, update the docker tag to cuda10-latest
      • ghcr.io/ptrfrll/nv-docker-trex:cuda10-latest

• Checking CUDA Version
      • Run nvidia-smi on Unraid console to determine CUDA version (either CUDA 10.2 or 11+)
      • 376586040_2021-02-1910_22_18-Window.png.078d9716a2c11e3b2cd24bdcdee3a748.png
    • Specify GPU
      • If you have multiple GPUs and only want to mine with specific ones, add the NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES variable to the container with the GPU UUID that you want to use (comma separated for more than one):
      • 895871617_2021-03-2313_07_30-Window.png.ddc89b251f0901e01f65655fa9794f57.png
    • WebUI Password
      • Default password for the WebUI is Password1 (you should change this via the API_PASSWORD env variable on the container)
  • MovieMatch

• Scrypted

CHANGE LOG:

• 3/1/2021 - Update t-rex docs, latest tag is now cuda 11 build
  • 9/22/2021 - Add scrypted
  • 11/6/2021 - Add API_PASSWORD to T-Rex
  • 12/1/2021 - Add note about migration to GHCR

Edited by PTRFRLL
Update docs
  • Thanks 2

How do I configure a /config folder? I'd like the webui config editor changes to be saved.

Also, I don't see it in the trex miner config, but a way to limit GPU RAM usage would be nice to have. I want to reserve 2GB of the ram on my P2000 for handling Plex transcodes.

edit: read up a bit more on Eth mining, limiting ram is a bad idea. 

Edited by jmello

For MovieMatch I try running it and I just get an error right away.

[34mINFO Listening on port 8000[39m
[0m[1m[31merror[0m: Uncaught (in promise) Error: <html><head><title>Not Found</title></head><body><h1>404 Not Found</h1></body></html>

throw new Error(await req.text())

[0m[31m ^[0m
at [0m[1m[3mgetSections[0m ([0m[36mplex.ts[0m:[0m[33m45[0m:[0m[33m11[0m)
at [0m[38;5;8masync [0m[0m[36mplex.ts[0m:[0m[33m77[0m:[0m[33m20[0m

EDIT: Fixed it by removing the trailing / in my Plex URL

Edited by CorneliousJD
  • Like 1
On 2/5/2021 at 9:10 AM, glompy said:

How do you configure it to leave some GPU for Plex to transcode?

I haven't needed to do anything special with my 1660Ti, t-rex doesn't seem to utilize all the memory. Otherwise, if that's not the case for you, I'm not sure the best way to limit it. Perhaps you setup a User Script to only run it at night?

I got the Trex miner working. Thank you (for people having trouble, double check that the port is included in the pool address)

I was wondering if it is possible to overclock the GPU using some sort of afterburner gui software?

I red that it is possible by editing the settings through a VM. But considering that this is a docker image I'm afraid of bricking the device if the GPU is used for a VM and docker.

hi i am trying to mine rvn but for same reson after setting t-rex docker it always say i have a syntx error:

WARN: failed to subscribe, JSON-RPC call failed: can't parse json:
* Line 1, Column 1
Syntax error: value, object or array expected.

20210210 00:40:03 ERROR: No connection, retry after 10 seconds

where is my problem? i dont change nothing on the config.json

On 2/5/2021 at 9:25 PM, hk21x said:

Hey! I'm mining using a GTX 1050 Ti however the hash rate is incredibly low, is there a way to check it's utilising it to the full capacity, rather than nvidia-smi - as this isn't showing anything specific to T-Rex?

Did you make any progress with this? I also have a 1050ti I just tried this trex docker out on to mine ethereum and found the hash rate to be less than 1mH/s. This could be normal though now. If you google for "ethereum DAG 4GB mining" you will see that the size of memory required to efficiently (or even at all?) mine ethereum now surpassed 4GB so it seems such cards may be relegated to mining alt coins like ravern or veil whilst still just about being profitable.

On 2/5/2021 at 9:10 AM, glompy said:

How do you configure it to leave some GPU for Plex to transcode?

What did you find happened when plex tries to use the card to hardware transcode when it was already in use with mining? Did it refuse to use GPU at all or did it crash or lag? What about multiple stream attempts?

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

What did you find happened when plex tries to use the card to hardware transcode when it was already in use with mining? Did it refuse to use GPU at all or did it crash or lag? What about multiple stream attempts?

It lagged, constantly buffered. I even tried to set one of the miner settings with intensity, even setting it to the lowest, it would till use about 75% of my GPU for mining, and that wasn't enough for plex.

It would take 2 years (600+days) for my GPU to get enough crypto to even hit the payout threshold of any of the pools, and plex is more important to me. So I just abandoned this idea alltogether. Guess there is a reason why asic's and asic controllers exist :)

On 2/13/2021 at 12:08 AM, jaybee said:

Did you make any progress with this? I also have a 1050ti I just tried this trex docker out on to mine ethereum and found the hash rate to be less than 1mH/s. This could be normal though now. If you google for "ethereum DAG 4GB mining" you will see that the size of memory required to efficiently (or even at all?) mine ethereum now surpassed 4GB so it seems such cards may be relegated to mining alt coins like ravern or veil whilst still just about being profitable.

Hey!

No progress on this at all unfortunately, gave up in the end and waiting for an update in this topic from someone who's able to get it working. It really wasn't functioning properly at all.

Hello, are there any plans to make this work with AMD cards in the very near future? Or should I just go ahead and sell my AMD and buy a NVIDIA card since I want to do the crypto mining with my Unraid machine?  Will that have to wait until there is a docker that makes it so that Unraid itself can utilize AMD cards???  I dont really know how all of that works 

Edited by SPOautos
On 2/10/2021 at 12:42 AM, luixmod said:

hi i am trying to mine rvn but for same reson after setting t-rex docker it always say i have a syntx error:

WARN: failed to subscribe, JSON-RPC call failed: can't parse json:
* Line 1, Column 1
Syntax error: value, object or array expected.

20210210 00:40:03 ERROR: No connection, retry after 10 seconds

where is my problem? i dont change nothing on the config.json

Did you set the algorithm variable to kawpow?

On 2/13/2021 at 12:08 AM, jaybee said:

This is correct from my understanding, the 1050Ti doesn't have enough memory to mine ethash.

Since updating to the current trex container I am no longer able to access the WebUI - I get a connection refused error. 

Based on the logs trex is running, it is listening (although not sure why 127.0.0.1 instead of 0.0.0.0:4067 - 0.0.0.0 is in the config file).

20210216 16:17:42 ApiServer: HTTP server started on 127.0.0.1:4067
20210216 16:17:42 ---------------------------------------------------
20210216 16:17:42 For control navigate to: http://127.0.0.1:4067/trex
20210216 16:17:42 ApiServer: Telnet server started on 127.0.0.1:4068

Any ideas? Seems to be running just fine, but can't access the WebUI.

11 minutes ago, dcoulson said:

Since updating to the current trex container I am no longer able to access the WebUI - I get a connection refused error. 

Based on the logs trex is running, it is listening (although not sure why 127.0.0.1 instead of 0.0.0.0:4067 - 0.0.0.0 is in the config file).

20210216 16:17:42 ApiServer: HTTP server started on 127.0.0.1:4067
20210216 16:17:42 For control navigate to: http://127.0.0.1:4067/trex
20210216 16:17:42 ApiServer: Telnet server started on 127.0.0.1:4068

Any ideas? Seems to be running just fine, but can't access the WebUI.

I had the same issue, it's almost like the config file values are not being set. I would recommend making a backup of your config.json file and then trying a new config.json file with these values (replacing any pool values with your current ones):

{
  "pools" : 
  [
    {
      "pass" : "x",
      "url" : "REPLACE_WITH_POOL_URL",
      "user" : "REPLACE_WITH_WALLET_ADDRESS",
      "worker" : "REPLACE_WITH_WORKER_NAME"
    }
  ],
  "api-bind-http" : "0.0.0.0:4067"
}

Until the logs show: ApiServer: HTTP server started on 0.0.0.0:4067, the WebUI won't be accessible

Edited by PTRFRLL
Added more info

The example config.json that was pulled before the latest update has syntax errors (no space before the colons) and therefore are ignored. Either add a space on the api-bind-http variable or pull config.json from the GitHub as it doesn't update once pulled.

Dave

Edited by Flubster
Clarified error
  • Like 1