How to install safe-rm?

How to install safe-rm? I need protect my important file, so I want to use safe-rm, but it cannot install, can you help me?

The shell feedback is here.

root@Tower:~# wget -c https://launchpadlibrarian.net/515722733/safe-rm-1.1.0.tar.gz
--2021-01-29 00:20:53-- https://launchpadlibrarian.net/515722733/safe-rm-1.1.0.tar.gz
Resolving launchpadlibrarian.net (launchpadlibrarian.net)... 91.189.89.228, 91.189.89.229, 2001:67c:1560:8003::8008, ...
Connecting to launchpadlibrarian.net (launchpadlibrarian.net)|91.189.89.228|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 23815 (23K) [application/x-tar]
Saving to: ‘safe-rm-1.1.0.tar.gz’

safe-rm-1.1.0.tar.gz               100%[=============================================================>]  23.26K  22.9KB/s    in 1.0s    

2021-01-29 00:20:56 (22.9 KB/s) - ‘safe-rm-1.1.0.tar.gz’ saved [23815/23815]

root@Tower:~# tar -zxf safe-rm-1.1.0.tar.gz
root@Tower:~# cd safe-rm-1.1.0
root@Tower:~/safe-rm-1.1.0# mv /usr/local/bin/rm /usr/local/bin/bak.rm
mv: cannot stat '/usr/local/bin/rm': No such file or directory
root@Tower:~/safe-rm-1.1.0# 

This seems very similar to the Recycle Bin plugin that is available.  Do you have that installed and/or is safe-rm significantly different from it where you don't want to use Recycle Bin?

This plugin adds a per share .Recycle.Bin folder to hold samba deleted files until you empty the trash either manually or remove aged files on a schedule. Shares that are excluded will not have the recycle bin enabled. A .Recycle.Bin folder is created in each share the first time a file is deleted in the share that you can access by browsing to //Tower/Share/.Recycle.Bin. You can restore deleted files from the //Tower/Share/.Recycle.Bin. The User access to the .Recycle.Bin folder is the same as the User share access. If you remove the plugin all deleted files will be kept in the share .Recycle.Bin folders. You will have to empty the trash before you remove the plugin if you do not want to use it.

3 hours ago, Energen said:

This seems very similar to the Recycle Bin plugin that is available.  Do you have that installed and/or is safe-rm significantly different from it where you don't want to use Recycle Bin?

Can I use  rm -rf  to move the file to Recycle Bin instead of delete it?

I general use common line to delete files, but rm -rf will delete file faster and cannot recover. so I want a chance to protect. 😂

Recycle Bin plugin only works with files deleted over the network.

Why do you want to work files at the command line anyway? I do work with files directly on the server for special situations but I use Midnight Commander (mc at the command line) so I am not going to make a mistake by entering the command wrong.

10 hours ago, looop said:

The shell feedback is here.

Things you attempt to install in this way aren't going to survive a reboot anyway because the OS is in RAM. Any addons have to be reinstalled at each boot.

Unraid is not intended to be a general purpose multiuser Linux, it is a NAS that can host dockers and VMs.

Perhaps you could request this in the Nerd Pack thread.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Things you attempt to install in this way aren't going to survive a reboot anyway because the OS is in RAM. Any addons have to be reinstalled at each boot.

Unraid is not intended to be a general purpose multiuser Linux, it is a NAS that can host dockers and VMs.

Perhaps you could request this in the Nerd Pack thread.

Got it, thanks yours.