[Solved] Major problem with Unraid dying randomly!

This has been going on for quite some time now...

Unraid would run perfectly fine for hours then it randomly dies. The computer is still power on but the Web GUI cant be accessed, no SMB shares or pings get a response. I have went through all the forums and checked and changed lots of different things but to no avail unfortunately. It seems to happen when I let the system download/unpack files over a period of time, so after an hour or two of Sabnzbd doing its thing, it would go dead. So I am thinking it is to do with the CPU getting under heavy load and it is causing a problem over time. Its not overheating or anything and performs fine regardless. If I just run plex on the server by itself, it seems to behave fine and not have any issues. Its when all my dockers are running, it seems to knock off.

System: Version 6.9.0-rc2 2020-12-18 (vs -rc1)

Model: Custom

M/B: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B450M-A Version Rev X.0x - s/n: 191262626605653

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version 2409. Dated: 12/02/2020

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics @ 3600 MHz

HVM: Disabled

IOMMU: Enabled

Cache: 384 KiB, 2 MB, 4 MB

Memory: 16 GiB DDR4 (max. installable capacity 128 GiB)

Network: bond0: fault-tolerance (active-backup), mtu 1500
 eth0: 1000 Mbps, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 5.10.1-Unraid x86_64

OpenSSL: 1.1.1h

I have tried everything to fix it so I am hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction. 

I have also had problems where when it does 'die'...I have to do a hard reset to get it to boot again. But sometimes, the motherboard wont even boot so I cant get to the bios at all....But after a few hard resets, it comes back. I am not sure if the problems are related. 

I have attached a Diagnostics files from now and a Syslog file that has been mirroring to the USB for a few days to catch why the server is dying. The first few days, I noticed problems with my cache drive but it has been formatted now and it all seems fine. 

The most recent crashes can be seen on the Syslog where there is a gap in time but I cant see anything that caused it...

Please can someone help me out and put me out of my misery??

TIA

image.png.90afd43d28fb3fff2279373aa680fa74.png

tower-diagnostics-20210128-1654.zip syslog (4)

1 hour ago, ChatNoir said:

Maybe just reduce the speed ?

It would probably be better IMO.

Didn't even know I could do that! Great idea, I will do that if the two sticks last the night!

Been running now for 4 hours and seems strong, hopefully it will survive!

Will keep you updated, thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • ChatNoir changed the title to [Solved] Major problem with Unraid dying randomly!