unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta4 Available

limetech

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, same as with beta3, I am unable to access the unraid web interface. 

I followed all instructions, and before starting I disabled all 3rd party addons, including unmenu.  I can telnet and upon inspecting the syslog I see a "segmentation fault" message when the "emhttp &" line of my go script executes.  Also, I can execute "uu" and then access the first page of the unmenu web interface.  But, that is all I can do.  For now, I'm back up and running with v4.7.

C'mon man, for a beta release it's even more important to attach the system log.

You're right, my bad...  I'll redo the test this evening and do just that.

Enabled NFS...created a share...set NFS Security to Public...applied.  WebGui didn't dump out!  YAY!!!

Thanks for the great work Tom!

John

NFS is working, great job TOM  ;D  and

Apcupsd = OK

mail and ssmtp =OK

unRAID Status Alert = OK

The Cache_dirs script = Not Tested

spin_drives.sh = OK

s3_notHrHdTcpIp.sh =OK

Now I looking for some nice add one application ;D

EDIT

modprobe powernow-k8 works  ;D

model name : AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor

stepping : 2

cpu MHz : 800.000

Thanks  

Peter

TOM.

I tried to connect my TviX to my unraid using NFS, and it tells me "can't connect to the disk"

Feb 9 19:02:17 Tower emhttp: Restart NFS...

Feb 9 19:02:17 Tower emhttp: shcmd (423): exportfs -ra |logger

Feb 9 19:02:17 Tower exportfs[32541]: /proc/fs/nfs/exports:1: unknown keyword "test-client-(rw"

I going to test more .. but I have attached a syslog :-)

EDIT

I can ping unraid from TviX ( My Tvix have exactly the same configuration when I used unraid Ver. 4

And I have tried all 3 different settings , but no luck to access the share from my Tvix  :'(

EDIT 2

Installed NFS on my Windows 7

connected using

mount tower:/mnt/user/tvixhd1 k:

and

mount 192.168.0.199:/mnt/user/tvixhd1 k:

Error message is 53 = cant find Networkpath

ping 192.168.0.199

Skickar ping-signal till 192.168.0.199 med 32 byte data:
Svar från 192.168.0.199: byte=32 tid < 1 ms TTL=64

EDIT 3

Connecting same share using Samba from Tvix is OK

//Peter

syslog-2011-02-09.zip

As I am beginner to unraid it is unwise to use beta 4 on my production server?

I agree, it would be a bad idea, especially for a beginner, especially since it has only been out for a few days.  4.7 is a MUCH better version for your production use at this time.

Most of us doing the testing have 5.0b4 on a second server, one used for testing. 

Edit 2:

New 'oddities' appearing in my syslog (does anyone have any comments?):

Feb  9 22:34:27 Tower kernel: ACPI Warning: 32/64 FACS address mismatch in FADT - two FACS tables! (20100702/tbfadt-369) (Minor Issues)

Feb  9 22:34:27 Tower kernel: ACPI Warning: 32/64X FACS address mismatch in FADT - 0xCB61DF40/0x00000000CB61DE40, using 32 (20100702/tbfadt-486) (Minor Issues)

-----

Feb  9 22:34:27 Tower logger: ERROR: Module md_mod does not exist in /proc/modules (Errors)

-----

Feb  9 22:38:23 Tower kernel: inotifywait[4106]: segfault at a95f2360 ip b77d7978 sp bfb536cc error 6 in ld-2.11.1.so[b77d1000+1d000] (Errors)

Feb  9 22:38:23 Tower kernel: inotifywait[4107]: segfault at a95a7360 ip b778c978 sp bf81c92c error 6 in ld-2.11.1.so[b7786000+1d000] (Errors)

The first ones are normal, the ACPI warnings will probably disappear with either a BIOS upgrade or a future kernel upgrade.  The md_mod warning is in everyone's syslog.  The only one not OK is the inotifywait segfaults, and you aren't the first to see that.  As I recall, there wasn't anything particularly harmful related to it.  I think I remember it possibly being related to an older install of S.N.A.P.?  The S.N.A.P. author can probably clarify.  If nothing else, you can turn off the installation of inotify, as it is not included with unRAID (unless Tom has newly added it?).

As I am beginner to unraid it is unwise to use beta 4 on my production server?

I agree, it would be a bad idea, especially for a beginner, especially since it has only been out for a few days.   4.7 is a MUCH better version for your production use at this time.

Most of us doing the testing have 5.0b4 on a second server, one used for testing. 

I'm using 5.0b4 on my sole setup, BUT do have all my data backed up, so if it all went horribly wrong I can just recopy 6TB of data to a fresh array. :o

Having said that it seems to work fine and as long as you're careful I think it's ok, oddly I'd never in a million years dream of using MS beta software in the same fashion.  ;D

I'm still having a problem with permissions though in this version, the new script works fine, but if I create a directory in my cache drive although it will show up in my shares I cannot access it from two of my PCs.  Rerunning the permissions script fixes the issue though.  It may be the way I'm using the cache drive though and I'm not sure if I've tried copying directly to the user share which would in effect just do what I'm doing anyway automatically.

I'm loving the new 5.0 UnRAID though, truly wonderful.  Just got to get as sleep script working, install the final version of 5.0 when it's released and then leave well alone.

Neil

just a small update

woke up this morning and checked syslog

syslog stays clean

only red line in there is this one

logger: ERROR: Module md_mod does not exist in /proc/modules (Errors)

so all good on my side ... going to try to add a NFS share today to my openelec xbmc see if any issues there

i have for the moment all samba shares on there but i read that nfs is faster ?

so we will give it a try...

For me, same as with beta3, I am unable to access the unraid web interface. 

I followed all instructions, and before starting I disabled all 3rd party addons, including unmenu.  I can telnet and upon inspecting the syslog I see a "segmentation fault" message when the "emhttp &" line of my go script executes.  Also, I can execute "uu" and then access the first page of the unmenu web interface.  But, that is all I can do.  For now, I'm back up and running with v4.7.

C'mon man, for a beta release it's even more important to attach the system log.

You're right, my bad...  I'll redo the test this evening and do just that.

Tom...

As promised, see attached for a copy of my syslog.

syslog_v5b4.txt

Few notes here.

AFP speed is amazing!!! I am getting writes to the cache drive of 85 mb/s (96 is the peak so far).

I have noticed a few issues with allowing disks to be exported. If I allow all disks to be exported in AFP but not in SMB, I can not log into the server using afp. If I only allow 1 disk afp and not smb it's ok. If I do none afp and all smb it's ok.

Does anyone have any info regarding the Temporary Items and Network Trash Folder shares? Why are they there, how do I get rid of them. It's not a major issue, but they are throwing folders nested into other folders and they all appear to be empty. I was assuming they had to do with hidden files mac's write, but none are in any of the folders.

I was able to crash the server somehow. I do have add ons running so that isn't much help, and as soon as I get more info I'll post it. Copying a sparse bundle over AFP. Went to go get dinner, server became unresponsive, shares vanished, afp stopped broadcasting to bonjour (SMB showed but was unresponsive). Unable to ssh or wake the display connected to the server. Had to hard shutdown. I didn't have the log window open, but I will report back if it occurs again.

Great work, I just need to figure out how to turn off the SMB broadcasting and find a solution to the Temp / Trash shares now.

I have upgraded from 4.7, following the release notes to the letter. All was running very smoothly, until step 4:

4. Go to Utils/New Permissions and execute that utility to change file ownership and permission settings. This is necessary for proper operation of the 5.0 security model.

Upon clicking on the button to change permissions, I seem to have lost the ability to connect to the web server with my browser. The server is still up. I can access the disks (disk1, disk2 etc.), but not the shares. I did see a warning that this process could take a long time, just wondering if everything is going as planned.  ;D

so all good on my side ... going to try to add a NFS share today to my openelec xbmc see if any issues there

i have for the moment all samba shares on there but i read that nfs is faster ?

so we will give it a try...

Have you see my post about NFS ? I cant' acess the share from my mediaplayer (Tvix) it's looks like unraid didn't export the path for the share in corrrect way.

Tom, have you lookt at this issue? or is it something else thar cause this problem?

Should be so pleased if ithis can be solved during tody  ;)  it's goin to be a Movie night on Friday , and I dont like to downgrade right now :D

The Version 5 looks so great, keep up the good work Tom  ;D

//Peter

Have you see my post about NFS ? I cant' acess the share from my mediaplayer (Tvix) it's looks like unraid didn't export the path for the share in corrrect way.

I have no problem accessing the NFS shares either from my Popcorn Hour media players or from my Ubuntu boxes.  But I did find that I had to stop and start the array from the web interface after enabling NFS before any of my NFS shares would work.

When I browse a certain directory (on my cache drive), the web interface shows the error:

Warning: filetype(): Lstat failed for .Squeeze-7.6.0 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/indexer/Browse.php on line 24

The only thing that I can think is unusual about this directory is that .Squeeze-7.6.0 has a link pointing to it.  I don't see anything in the syslog which would seem to relate to this message.

So I upgraded from 4.7 to 5.0b4 and after a little tinkering everything seems to be working fine.  I copied some movies to my cache drive yesterday and at 3:40am they were moved to the array like they were supposed to.  The only odd thing I'm seeing is there messages in my syslog every hour:

Feb 10 05:28:01 galactica crond[1154]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

Feb 10 06:28:01 galactica crond[1154]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

Feb 10 07:28:01 galactica crond[1154]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

Feb 10 08:28:01 galactica crond[1154]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

Feb 10 09:28:01 galactica crond[1154]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

Feb 10 10:28:01 galactica crond[1154]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

Feb 10 11:28:01 galactica crond[1154]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

Does anyone know what it's trying to do here?

Hmm, diden't try that, looks promising that is working for you  ;D

Going to test that later today.

Did you find the same log I have in your syslog, se my previuse post and atatched syslog.

I'm good now using NFS, the restart trick worked, but still it must be some thing in the SW that cause this :-)

//Peter

Tom, I have one very minor issue that really does not need to be addressed but I figured you may want to sneak it in before the final version.

My laptop's native resolution is 1920 x 1080.  On the Main, Shares, Users, Settings and Utils screen, I have a scroll bar at the bottom and the lines above and below the on-screen items are off center (all the way to the left).  I have the same issue on my workstation which also runs 1920 x 1080.

When I dock my laptop on two different docks that have difefrent monitors with difefrent resolutions (1280 x 1024 and 1680 x 1050), everything lines up fine.

So, it appears that the webgui format is off for 1920 x 1080 rez's.

Again, not a big deal but thought you would want to know.

John

So, it appears that the webgui format is off for 1920 x 1080 rez's.

My desktop machine is running 1920 x 1080, but I don't get a scroll bar at the bottom, and everything lines up perfectly.

I do get a scroll bar on the right, even though it's unnecessary and has no slider.

I have upgraded from 4.7, following the release notes to the letter. All was running very smoothly, until step 4:

4. Go to Utils/New Permissions and execute that utility to change file ownership and permission settings. This is necessary for proper operation of the 5.0 security model.

Upon clicking on the button to change permissions, I seem to have lost the ability to connect to the web server with my browser. The server is still up. I can access the disks (disk1, disk2 etc.), but not the shares. I did see a warning that this process could take a long time, just wondering if everything is going as planned.  ;D

I let the server run all night and most of today. This evening nothing much had changed. I forced a reboot, and am attaching the syslog. Array was stopped, and one of my 2TB drives was marked as "missing". I reverted to 4.7 and the "missing" drive is back.  Any idea? ???

Luca

syslog.zip

I let the server run all night and most of today. This evening nothing much had changed. I forced a reboot, and am attaching the syslog. Array was stopped, and one of my 2TB drives was marked as "missing". I reverted to 4.7 and the "missing" drive is back.  Any idea? ???

Luca

Yes, many people have had issues with drives missing under 5.0beta3.  5.0beta4 has that fix (I think)  Did you try 5.0beta4?