Constant cache writes btrfs and loop2?

ucliker

I’m getting constant writes to my cache drive (500GB SSD) and after upgrading to 6.9 rc2 I hoped it would fix it. I have narrowed down the issues to btrfs and loop2 in iotop. My question is why is btrfs showing up when my drive is xfs? Is the docker image or something else formatted as btrfs and if so can it be changed to docker-xfs? Also I have really know idea what loop2 means but I guess its the cache drive configuring and how unraid utilizes it?

On 1/29/2021 at 10:46 PM, ucliker said:

I’m getting constant writes to my cache drive (500GB SSD) and after upgrading to 6.9 rc2 I hoped it would fix it. I have narrowed down the issues to btrfs and loop2 in iotop. My question is why is btrfs showing up when my drive is xfs? Is the docker image or something else formatted as btrfs and if so can it be changed to docker-xfs? Also I have really know idea what loop2 means but I guess its the cache drive configuring and how unraid utilizes it?

Loop2 is for the docker image and BTRFS is its file system. Post your diagnostics (Tools > Diagnostics) please. 

If I recall correctly LimeTech made some underlying changes to address the excessive writes in the betas but users also had to change the partition alignment: 

Edited by weirdcrap

According to your disk.cfg, your default FS type is XFS and all of your disks are either explicitly set to use XFS or are set to auto (which I assume means they are XFS as well).

You can see that loop2 is the BTRFS disk image under the advanced docker settings:

image.thumb.png.9c521bf6c636edc0c770a58d5e8c42af.png

EDIT: Oh I apologize, I missed your second question.

How do I go about changing my docker image from Btrfs to xfs in unRAID 6.9 rc2?

You don't, UnRAID doesn't allow you to use XFS for the docker.img file. BTRFS is your only option as far as I'm aware.

Edited by weirdcrap
2 hours ago, weirdcrap said:

According to your disk.cfg, your default FS type is XFS and all of your disks are either explicitly set to use XFS or are set to auto (which I assume means they are XFS as well).

You can see that loop2 is the BTRFS disk image under the advanced docker settings:

image.thumb.png.9c521bf6c636edc0c770a58d5e8c42af.png

EDIT: Oh I apologize, I missed your second question.

You don't, UnRAID doesn't allow you to use XFS for the docker.img file. BTRFS is your only option as far as I'm aware.

Squid replied in my other thread. You can use docker-xfs now in unRAID 6.9 rc2. You can change it I the the settings. I plan on upgrading my cache drive anyways tomorrow so I will realign and format it.