My setup currently is a single server with the following:

Docker Containers

* Radarr

* Sonarr

* Transmission

* Nextcloud

Shares

* media - used by Jellyfin server as a mapped network drive

* share - used by PCs on the network for misc. storage, usually mapped as a network drive

* recordings - used by an OBS machine and editing machine as a mapped network drives

I'm expecting that we may run out of space on the server by the end of the year so I want to try to plan out how to expand the storage properly.

One option would be to set up another Unraid server and basically duplicate the above configuration(s), but I don't like that solution since I'm not sure how radarr / sonarr would know about what's on the other server, same with user experience for exposed shares (i.e., "where was I editing my clip again?").

Does anyone have advice on how to expand storage that way all of the storage is seen (by the docker containers and machines on the network) as a single pool of storage?

Edited by Ezro

Thanks for the reply Squid!

With this approach, is it possible to expose both of the storage through the main unraid server as a single network share? I don't mind adding additional path mappings for the docker containers, but for PCs on the network I'd really like to expose it as a single storage that way people don't have to worry about which network share has space / where their content is, etc.

• Like 1