Which micro atx motherboard for an i7 10700k?

Hello

Which micro atx motherboard do you think is needed for an i7 10 700k?
knowing that I want to do virtualization, I have 32 g of ram (4 * 8gb) and a node 804 where I can put 8 to 12 disks. I would therefore need an expansion card to be able to connect more disks because in general micro atx only have 4 sata ports.

I like to take MSI motherboards in general which chipset do you recommend? B460?

thank you in advance for your help

1 hour ago, relien said:

Which micro atx motherboard do you think is needed for an i7 10 700k?

Anything based on a Z490 (or the new Z590 if you want to wait a few months) or B460 will support 10th gen.  If you prefer MSI, you have 7 choices.  Both chipsets support VT-d.

I have never bought an MSI motherboard, but the one you mentioned looks fine for the i7-10700K.

All of the motherboards I have purchased, ATX, mATX and even ITX have had 8 onboard SATA ports.  I buy server motherboards as opposed to consumer/gaming boards so they tend to have more SATA ports.

18 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Anything based on a Z490 (or the new Z590 if you want to wait a few months) or B460 will support 10th gen.  If you prefer MSI, you have 7 choices.  Both chipsets support VT-d.

I have never bought an MSI motherboard, but the one you mentioned looks fine for the i7-10700K.

All of the motherboards I have purchased, ATX, mATX and even ITX have had 8 onboard SATA ports.  I buy server motherboards as opposed to consumer/gaming boards so they tend to have more SATA ports.

thank you for your reply

I like MSI but I'm ready to change brands if I have to

What other card do you recommend for my i7 10700 k?
With 8 sata port it will be good yes

4 minutes ago, relien said:

What other card do you recommend for my i7 10700 k?
With 8 sata port it will be good yes

It all depends on what you need.  Again, I buy server motherboards which have IPMI, support Xeon processors and support ECC RAM.  These are more expensive than consumer/gaming motherboads, but, I run my server 24x7 and I like the idea of a server motherboard.

SuperMicro and ASRock make some nice options.  I personally am using the mATX ASRock E3C246D4U currently but that supports only 8th and 9th generation Intel CPUs

The 10th generation socket 1200 equivalent from ASRock is the W480D4U.  It supports Xeon processors and ECC RAM but it will also support the i7-10700K and non-ECC DDR4 RAM.

For server motherboards, look for anything with the W480 chipset for 10th generation CPU support.