[Solved] Unraid various problems (no internet, no webgui on certain devices, incorrect flash files)

benyaki

I was updating a few things yesterday as well as installing a second NVMe cache drive for a cache pool, then noticed that a bunch of things stopped working correctly.

Before I added the second drive to the pool (and moved data off to reformat the xfs cache drive back to btrfs) I noticed that I was unable to download 6.9 RC2 through the update OS tool. Didn't think much of it. So I did it manually. Then I rebooted and after about an hour or so of tinkering around, I was unable to access the webgui. Booted to the GUI on the server itself, no problems there, but still no access.

Put 6.8.3 back on the flash drive, rebooted, and can access the webGUI from a laptop, BUT NOT a phone (iphone, tried a few).

Tried to mount the flash drive to check a few things - it mounts via SMB, however only two files show: ldlinux.c32 and ldlinux.sys. Absolutely nothing else.

A few plugins were not working correctly, so I uninstalled some, however when I go back to reinstall them, the download hangs (usually at 45%). I am on a gig connection, so it appears to be something server side as I can download from the link directly on any other computer just fine. On that note: I cannot download community applications again, nor can I run 'fix common problems' since it needs to download a few things to work.

I am currently in the process of having mover put back appdata to cache, so I cant shutdown anything right now, but wondering if someone would be able to take a look.

The ONLY thing that I can think of is perhaps I am using too many PCI lanes and that is screwing with the onboard NIC? It really seems to have just started with the addition of the second NVMe drive. 

Here is a sample of what trying to reinstall a plugin looks like:

tower-diagnostics-20210201-2044.zip

Edited by benyaki
added info and updated diagnostics that shows error

Update: I have tried the following with still no changes in the above behaviour. 

1. reverting bios back to defaults

2. Reconstructing flash drive with only transferring config folder over 

3. Removing newly added nvme drive

4. Booting into safe mode (no plugins or GUI)

5. Booting with and without GUI 

accessing flash via smb shows no files present (old ones must have be orphaned files from previous versions?)

I CAN access user shares it seems without issue via smb or nfs. 

all I can think of is it is either something physically wrong with the USB drive or something in my config folder on the flash drive. 

Edited by benyaki
  • benyaki changed the title to [Solved] Unraid various problems (no internet, no webgui on certain devices, incorrect flash files)