Switched to /e/ Project and looking to self-host my data.

EArroyo

These seem like quite different projects.  Correct me if I am wrong but eCloud but it seems to be a way to replace "Google" in the android world. Instead of "Google", you would run your own version of "Google" for syncing cloud/email/cal/etc.   

I actually just found Yunohost this week and tested it out in a VM. It's pretty slick, running a fortified Debian host with scripts to install a multitude of "apps" (software/servers). The webUI is functional but it still would be wise to have a decent amount of knowledge in self-hosting as I've had to do a bunch of googling and try and learn. While it provides an easy way to install those "apps", it still seems to require the experience to know how to maintain them in a linux setup and know more about maintaining the network settings. I got a few apps up and running but it seems to be a complete system with it's own reverse proxy and firewall. It appears to be meant to be fully exposed to the Net rather than having Dockers behind a reverse proxy in unRaid.

I think I like the Dockerized approach a bit more so when I break something, the damage is limited. You could spin it up as a VM on unRaid and run things that way. 

Again, I've only been testing for a few days and I am by no means a linux or networking guru but it did provide a very simple way to set up Pixelfed, Pleroma, Mastodon, etc if you are looking into those types of social apps. But you will need to do all the management of those apps once installed.