Licence upgrade

Mik3

Dear members,

I tryed searching the forum about this specific question but couldn't really find an answer  that satisfies me.

I own an unraid plus licence and since I am very happy with the product I want to buy an upgrade to support the project more and to allow for future expansion. The questions are:

1. When I buy the upgrade from plus to pro do I receive a new licence file by email?
  2. What happens to the old one?
  3. Do I need to reinstall the key in my current unraid server or it automatically sees the upgrade?
  4. If the usb drive fail and I need to migrate my licence to the new usb, will Unraid recognize it as PRO licence?

Thanks for your time

Regards.

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 1:10 PM, Mik3 said:

1. When I buy the upgrade from plus to pro do I receive a new licence file by email?
  2. What happens to the old one?
  3. o I need to reinstall the key in my current unraid server or it automatically sees the upgrade?
  4. f the usb drive fail and I need to migrate my licence to the new usb, will Unraid recognize it as PRO licence

1: Original Unraid Server OS Registration Key was sent by email. New one too.

2: Old one will transform to a pink 🦄

3: no tested yet. Believe you have to cut and past new key, unless it is directly updated on keys servers. Who knows ...

4: save your original usb key, this is a basic point with unRAID. Better, do it on a regular basis. After the OS is upgrade to pro, save it again. If your usb device fail one day as it surely will, with backup, you will migrate your saved licence and setup to a new usb device. You will have backup your OS to a new hardware. But, backup is only timely link to the last backup. All commit in between link to /flash will be lost, unless your a pink 🦄

Edited by tech_rkn