NFS Mount Causing Logs To Get Spammed

Urban

While diagnosing a separate issue a helpful moderator on here noticed that my logs were being spammed. Looking at them I know exactly what is causing it. I have set up my Unraid server to be used as external backup for a Proxmox server I'm using to separate some services on different hardware. I created a dedicated share on Unraid and pointed Proxmox to that share and everything has been working correctly but unknowingly this has been spamming my logs and I can't figure out why. If I disable the connection on Proxmox the log spam stops. Any idea why this is happening and how I can stop it?

Unraid Logs.png

Edited by Urban
spelling

I found an old thread where a Proxmox dev stated "Hi Every 10s seconds, we check the status of the NFS server with 'showmount' and then gather statistics about disk usage *if* 'showmount' successfull. We need to report early if a NFS server is down, hence the regular check.".

There doesn't seem to be an easy toggle or anything. I see some later threads about the issue with workarounds for FreeNAS. Ill see if I can gather info from those and apply it to Unraid. If that fails is there a command I can use on Unraid to disable all logs related to NFS?

• Like 1