[SOLVED] Can't boot into unraid

Tom90

Hello

I've upgraded my unraid system to a Gigabyte z270 gaming 8 motherboard and i5-6500 CPU. I know my setup worked on my previous P67 motherboard and had it up and running for over a month. I'm almost certain it has something to do with the combination of USB boot settings but I can't figure out which ones to use. I have tried legacy options and UEFI options and moved the USB drive to different port. When using the legacy options it gets to a blinking cursor but I can't find it using the webui and it doesn't show up in my routers devices. I have tried all of the "emulations options". When using the UEFI options it just starts back at the BIOS settings. Does anyone with a z270 Gigabyte board know which settings I need to get it to boot please?

Cheers,

Tom

Update: I've created a new unraid usb as a test and ticked the "Allow UEFI boot" and that works. How do I change my original USB to work with UEFI so I don't have to start all over again?

20210206_154209.jpg

20210206_154219.jpg

20210206_154234.jpg

Edited by Tom90
6 hours ago, Tom90 said:

Update: I've created a new unraid usb as a test and ticked the "Allow UEFI boot" and that works. How do I change my original USB to work with UEFI so I don't have to start all over again?

Look in the root of that original USB drive and you should find a folder/directory named     EFI-

Rename it to   EFI   and that will convert it to allow a UEFI boot.

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Can't boot into unraid