(Solved) Cache write speed intermittently dropping when mirroring SSDs

Hello,

First time post, I've been looking around but haven't found an answer to this issue: I am currently running a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO and 1TB Samsung 870 QVO as mirrored btrfs cache drives. When testing each drive independently they will write 50GB+ at 112MB/s over a gigabit network, but when rebuilt as a mirrored array they will regularly (every ~6GB) drop to nearly 0 KB/s before returning to their normal speed. Some additional details:

• Each drive has current firmware and writes consistently as a single cache drive
  • Files are confirmed as definitely writing to the cache drives
  • Cache FS is BTRFS (non-encrypted)
  • confirmed issue also exists while transferring from storage array to cache in Krusader (limited to ~150MB\s from platter read, still intermittently drops)
  • tested with all VMS and dockers disabled
  • E5-2690 V2, 32gb ECC DDR3, B75 chipset, 2x1TB SSD cache array on SATA3, 2x8TB XFS storage array on SATA 2, 650W PSU
  • no errors, various scans are all clean, environment runs flawlessly otherwise

Most of the incidents I have found online were due to reconstructive write on the storage array, but I could not find any examples of this on the cache. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Edited by toastmatic
Solved. 870 QVO was culprit.
  • toastmatic changed the title to (Solved) Cache write speed intermittently dropping when mirroring SSDs