Help with Fans on Supermicro X11SCH-LN4F

Dear Community,

can someone help me how to configure the fans in my new server properly on a Supermicro X11SCH-LN4F (same model as X11SCH-F).

The board uses IPMI and i made the connection to it with Unraids IPMI Plugin. I also configured the fan threshholds via command line (upper and lower)

No matter what i'm doing or setting, the Fans either run at the lowest threshold (400 rpm) or the upper threshold (2000 rpm). only full - or low. nothing in between.

any help highly appreciated, thanks!

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-07 um 11.27.17.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-07 um 11.27.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-07 um 11.27.28.png

Edited by Saeros
9 minutes ago, Saeros said:

I tried different Fan Modes in the Supermicro IPMI Setting with not a lot of success. 

if you wanna control them by unraid, then you must set Fan mode Full Speed on Supermicro impi side to avoid any confusion for concurrent controlling processes.

and what is your goal? to control fun speed by HDD Temp?

my goal is that the fan speed will adjust according to (whatever configured) temperature. at the moment it is either minimum or maximum fan speed - nothing in between.

*EDIT Thats working now, i had to change it from network to localhost and now thats working, unfortunately only for FANS1-4 - i can not configure the FAN in FANA or FANB... see https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38108-plugin-ipmi-for-unraid-61/?do=findComment&comment=944788

Edited by Saeros
solved