Terrible NFS performance

I'm running unraid on a decent desktop (see attached).  The array is primarily used as a target for Hyper Backups from a Synology and as a target for FTP from Blueiris (camera NVR software).  I mounted the unraid share to a Ubuntu 20.x server and when I run the "ls -ltr" command it takes multiple minutes to return.  There are at least 40,000 files on the share.  I would understand this but the same command from the same Ubuntu server with an NFS share mounted from my Synology device (with the same file count) returns in seconds.   Blueiris FTP's captured video clips to BOTH unraid and a Synology share.

On the Ubuntu server, when I launch the "ls" command against the unraid share I see my CPU maxing out at about 27%.  The share in question does not currently have cache turned on (kept it off while seeding the filesystem with the 40k files).  It is not exported as SMB.    For purposes of this post I ran the commands against each filesystem.  The one against the Synology share took 17 seconds.  The ls against the unraid share had not completed after 7 minutes so I killed it.  According to  the Array Devices this share is on disk2, disk4, and disk5.  Any ideas where to start?

unraid1 dashboard screenshot.png

unraid main Screenshot.png

I have confirmed that the NFS mount parameters used on my Ubuntu server are identical for the Synology NFS share and the Unraid NFS share.  I also set Global Share Settings > Tunable to YES and the "ls" command against the unraid share still takes 1m57sec.  I tested this several times and all timings are identical.  The ls against the Synology share  takes less than 5 seconds.  There are currently 57,000 files on the share (camera video clips).

I also logged directly into the unraid server and ran "ls /mnt/users/blueiris | wc -l".  The command ran in less than 5 seconds.  So why does this command take almost 2 minutes when ran remotely against an unraid NFS share but under 5 seconds when ran ON the unraid server, and less than 5 seconds when executed against a Synology NFS share with the same number of files?  All devices are on my home network which is flat with a single subnet.  Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...