New data disks and starting clean

z0ki

Hey guys time has come and I know I should have done this from the start with proper storage drives in place.

My server consists of a 10TB and 4TB drive and a few small 500GB drives just for miscellaneous stuff.

I got two 16TB drive that I want to install but what I want to do is move all my media to these new drives and start fresh in unraid (dockers, vms not important) 

What is the best way to do this?

After pre-clearing the drives should I install thsm, move data over within unraid, then unassigne the old drives remove then new config? I want to start completely new/fresh with a new USB too (key file will be saved) 

Am I going about this correctly or is there a better way to do this?

The USB key will require more than just saving the key file --- you'd have to change the GUID with Limtech and get a new key for the new USB  -- I wouldn't change your flash drive unless there was a reason you absolutely needed to...

1) Preclear drives

2) Add them to array (add 2 more slots to drive configuration and add them to those slots)

3) Move data off drives you want to remove... make sure to move data properly so that it doesn't end up on other drives you want to remove.

4) new config and drive locations -- i forget now which order to do this in even though I just did it a couple weeks ago.

- make sure your parity drive (if you have one) is the same drive in the same location