how beta is beta 6.9.0

hoff

migrating everything from 3 synology nas units onto a 24 bay unraid box.

at the moment on 6.8.3 stable but have a P400 card in there for transcode on plex. Its not critical to use it as my old transcode box can keep running but its preferred.

how stable is 6.9.0-35 and whens it becoming stable? is it just a few days? weeks? months?

The official release is When it's done or SoonTM. :D 

More seriously, it's been in RC2 for one month and a half and some stuff needs to be finalized. There have been mention of an RC3 to check that some of the small bugs have been removed.

Many people are using it already as it offers benefits on disk pools, better SSD partition, etc.

Is it stable enough for YOU ? I can't say. :)

You could have a look at the Prerelease section and see what are the new addition of each beta/RC and the remaining issues some people are experiencing to help you decide.

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/

@hoff - I noticed that you asked about 6.9.0-35 - the current test release for 6.9 is 6.9.0-rc2 which is a couple of versions newer.  I and many others are using 6.9.0-rc2 without issues.  As for uptime - it seems every bit as stable as prior major releases, so I am running it for weeks at a time without any issues, only limited my my need to reboot due to hardware changes such as adding disk drives.  

Edited by S80_UK