Any Chance to Get JDownloader to Work in unRAID?

hernandito

Not sure if you guys are familiar w/ JDownloader, but it is probably the most popular download manager for file aggregator sites like Rapidshare, Megaupload, etc. I know there is a Linux version, but it is Java, and I am not sure if one can operate it from a remote web browser.

JDownloader, along with SABnzbd-Sickbeard, and torrents, takes care of all my needs.

http://service.jdownloader.net/old/wiki.jdownloader.org/indexd69d.html?title=Running_On_A_Headless_Linux_Server

http://jdownloader.org/

Thanks!!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not likely.

It requires a metric f-ton of items in order to work. The largest obstacle is the requirement on an X Server and XWindows Manager. It would be far easier for you to install a full Slackware Distro and then unRAID on top of that than getting X-Server and XWindows Manager to work on unRAID. You will likely need at a minimum a custom unRAID kernel in either case.

I suggest looking for a more suitable replacement.

• 4 weeks later...

Since I do not use or see a purpose for file aggregator sites like Rapidshare, Megaupload, etc, I have no suitable replacements. I strictly use usenet (sabnzbd) for 98% of my downloads with the other 2% falling into torrents from fansub groups (transmission).

• 3 weeks later...

It's not likely.

It requires a metric f-ton of items in order to work. The largest obstacle is the requirement on an X Server and XWindows Manager. It would be far easier for you to install a full Slackware Distro and then unRAID on top of that than getting X-Server and XWindows Manager to work on unRAID. You will likely need at a minimum a custom unRAID kernel in either case.

I suggest looking for a more suitable replacement.

What is this XServer and XWindows Manager thing? What makes it so special that it won't work on unraid even though there is a linux version and it supports a web interface?

Thanks.

It's freaking huge and requires a lot, including possible Kernel changes and settings.

Use Wikipedia for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System and see the extensive X-related packages for Slackware: http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-current/slackware/x/?C=S;O=D and those do not include any of the X11 Applications which are here: http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-current/slackware/xap/?C=S;O=D

There is an alternative beside jDownloader made for headless machine like root servers and Routers called pyload.

It knows not that much One Click Hosters like jDownloader, but it runs on low ressources and has a webgui.

It is written in python so it runs on every OS where you can install the neccessary dependencies.

If you like to try visit pyload.org

There is an alternative beside jDownloader made for headless machine like root servers and Routers called pyload.

It knows not that much One Click Hosters like jDownloader, but it runs on low ressources and has a webgui.

It is written in python so it runs on every OS where you can install the neccessary dependencies.

If you like to try visit pyload.org

Looks interesting, thanks!

But I have no experience with Python.  How would I install this on unRAID? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not tried this, nor am I an expert. I have installed Sickbeard and Couch Potato manually.

For pyLoad, I am ASSUMING the follow install procedure...

Somehow download the pyLoad main package and extract it to a hidden folder in my cache drive.  have a folder called .custom, and I have sickbeard and CouchPotato folders inside that. PyLoad would go in here as well.

Download the python-crypto, python-pycurl and tesseract dependencies, and somehow put these in the "packages" folder, renamed something so that they get installed at boot time.

Edit the Go script and add a line, pointing to the right folder something like this:

python pyLoadCore.py -s

Can some kind soul verify and hopefully provide more detail how to do this? This sounds like a really good thing.

Thanks.

I was going to give pyLoad a try but found Plowshare (http://code.google.com/p/plowshare/) last night.

Features

The basic concept is that files can be downloaded and uploaded though command line as easily as wget (or curl).

plowshare supports Megaupload, Rapidshare, 2Shared, 4Shared, ZShare, Badongo, Divshare.com, Depositfiles, Netload.in, Sendspace, Usershare, x7.to and some others sharing sites.

Refer to README for more information.

plowshare is written in Bash, although some few modules need Perl to solve captchas.

Downloaded the SVN snapshot, copied to flash drive, ran the install script and it installed without issue. Tried it with my premium account details last night and worked fine. Couldn't get it to save files to a folder other than the one in which the script was run. Either a bug or I'm failing at commanding it  ;)

I was going to give pyLoad a try but found Plowshare (http://code.google.com/p/plowshare/) last night.

Features

The basic concept is that files can be downloaded and uploaded though command line as easily as wget (or curl).

plowshare supports Megaupload, Rapidshare, 2Shared, 4Shared, ZShare, Badongo, Divshare.com, Depositfiles, Netload.in, Sendspace, Usershare, x7.to and some others sharing sites.

Refer to README for more information.

plowshare is written in Bash, although some few modules need Perl to solve captchas.

Downloaded the SVN snapshot, copied to flash drive, ran the install script and it installed without issue. Tried it with my premium account details last night and worked fine. Couldn't get it to save files to a folder other than the one in which the script was run. Either a bug or I'm failing at commanding it  ;)

Thanks for the link!

Read about it - doens't seem like it has a GUI or control via web interface though, unlike jDownloader, which kinda sucks. It's a pain to have to type all the urls or even to paste them all in a text file and upload the file to unRAID, especially when I'm used to jD's clipboard detection mechanism  ;D

Is there really no other better alternative? Can someone offer to try and get pyLoad on unRAID, since that has a webGUI interface? If someone has the time to make jD work with unRAID, that'd be even better. :) Thanks.

Can a passing unRaid/Slackware expert look at this please. I've tried building a pycurl package on my unraid box using a .SlackBuild file. The build fails with the following output

pycurl-7.19.0/
pycurl-7.19.0/doc/
pycurl-7.19.0/doc/callbacks.html
pycurl-7.19.0/doc/curlmultiobject.html
pycurl-7.19.0/doc/curlobject.html
pycurl-7.19.0/doc/curlshareobject.html
pycurl-7.19.0/doc/pycurl.html
pycurl-7.19.0/examples/
pycurl-7.19.0/examples/basicfirst.py
pycurl-7.19.0/examples/file_upload.py
pycurl-7.19.0/examples/linksys.py
pycurl-7.19.0/examples/retriever-multi.py
pycurl-7.19.0/examples/retriever.py
pycurl-7.19.0/examples/sfquery.py
pycurl-7.19.0/examples/xmlrpc_curl.py
pycurl-7.19.0/python/
pycurl-7.19.0/python/curl/
pycurl-7.19.0/python/curl/__init__.py
pycurl-7.19.0/src/
pycurl-7.19.0/src/Makefile
pycurl-7.19.0/src/pycurl.c
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_cb.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_debug.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_ftp.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_getinfo.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_gtk.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_internals.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_memleak.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi2.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi3.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi4.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi5.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi6.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi_socket.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi_socket_select.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi_timer.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi_vs_thread.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_post.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_post2.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_post3.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_share.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_socketopen.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_stringio.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_xmlrpc.py
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/util.py
pycurl-7.19.0/COPYING
pycurl-7.19.0/COPYING2
pycurl-7.19.0/ChangeLog
pycurl-7.19.0/INSTALL
pycurl-7.19.0/MANIFEST.in
pycurl-7.19.0/Makefile
pycurl-7.19.0/README
pycurl-7.19.0/TODO
pycurl-7.19.0/setup.py
pycurl-7.19.0/setup_win32_ssl.py
pycurl-7.19.0/PKG-INFO
Using curl-config (libcurl 7.20.1)
running install
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.6
creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/curl
copying python/curl/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/curl
running build_ext
building 'pycurl' extension
creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.6
creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/src
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -DHAVE_CURL_OPENSSL=1 -DHAVE_CURL_OPENSSL=1 -DHAVE_CURL_SSL=1 -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c src/pycurl.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/src/pycurl.o
gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/src/pycurl.o -L/usr/lib -lcurl -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -lldap -lrt -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz -lpython2.6 -o build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/pycurl.so /usr/lib/libcurl.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

Am I right in thinking that the server can't recompress/package the build? Is there a way to add lz to unraid?  ???

I've got my laptop open here with a failed installation of Slackware in an attempt to build this damn package........but that's a different problem for a different forum  ;)

If you're on unRAID 4.7 series then try using the Slackware 12.2 Build from here -- http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12.2/libraries/pycurl/ or if you're on unRAID 5.0 series tehn try using the Slackware 13.1 build from here --  http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.1/libraries/pycurl/

In your particular case, it looks like it's missing some library called 'z'.

wget http://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/12.2/libraries/pycurl.tar.gz
tar xf pycurl.tar.gz
cd pycurl
wget http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/download/pycurl-7.19.0.tar.gz
./pycurl.SlackBuild

wget http://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/13.1/libraries/pycurl.tar.gz
tar xf pycurl.tar.gz
cd pycurl
wget http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/download/pycurl-7.19.0.tar.gz
./pycurl.SlackBuild

If it's successful you will see it build and then create an installable package located in /tmp/. The output may look something like this. What's important is the last line should show you what it created. You should then copy that package into your installable package locations. It's what you will use to install on every reboot.

In my specific case the package it built is pycurl-7.19.0-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz so I would use that with 'installpkg'.

./pycurl.SlackBuild

pycurl-7.19.0/

pycurl-7.19.0/doc/

pycurl-7.19.0/examples/

pycurl-7.19.0/python/

pycurl-7.19.0/src/

pycurl-7.19.0/tests/

pycurl-7.19.0/COPYING

pycurl-7.19.0/COPYING2

pycurl-7.19.0/ChangeLog

pycurl-7.19.0/INSTALL

pycurl-7.19.0/Makefile

pycurl-7.19.0/README

pycurl-7.19.0/TODO

pycurl-7.19.0/setup.py

pycurl-7.19.0/PKG-INFO

Using curl-config (libcurl 7.21.4)

running install

running build

running build_py

creating build

creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6

creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/curl

copying python/curl/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/curl

running build_ext

creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6

creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/src

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -DHAVE_CURL_OPENSSL=1 -DHAVE_CURL_OPENSSL=1 -DHAVE_CURL_SSL=1 -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c src/pycurl.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/src/pycurl.o

src/pycurl.c: In function 'multi_socket_callback':

src/pycurl.c:2355:11: warning: call to '_curl_easy_getinfo_err_string' declared with attribute warning: curl_easy_getinfo expects a pointer to char * for this info

src/pycurl.c: In function 'do_multi_info_read':

src/pycurl.c:2843:15: warning: call to '_curl_easy_getinfo_err_string' declared with attribute warning: curl_easy_getinfo expects a pointer to char * for this info

In function 'util_curl_unsetopt',

inlined from 'do_curl_unsetopt' at src/pycurl.c:1551:5:

src/pycurl.c:1476:9: warning: call to '_curl_easy_setopt_err_CURLSH' declared with attribute warning: curl_easy_setopt expects a CURLSH* argument for this option

gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/src/pycurl.o -L/usr/lib64 -lcurl -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -lldap -lrt -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz -lpython2.6 -o build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/pycurl.so /usr/lib64/libcurl.a

running install_lib

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/lib64

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/lib64/python2.6

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages

copying build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/pycurl.so -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/curl

copying build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/curl/__init__.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/curl

byte-compiling /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/curl/__init__.py to __init__.pyc

running install_data

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl

copying ChangeLog -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl

copying COPYING -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl

copying COPYING2 -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl

copying INSTALL -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl

copying README -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl

copying TODO -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/html

copying doc/pycurl.html -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/html

copying doc/curlobject.html -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/html

copying doc/curlmultiobject.html -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/html

copying doc/curlshareobject.html -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/html

copying doc/callbacks.html -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/html

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/examples

copying examples/basicfirst.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/examples

copying examples/xmlrpc_curl.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/examples

copying examples/file_upload.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/examples

copying examples/sfquery.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/examples

copying examples/linksys.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/examples

copying examples/retriever.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/examples

copying examples/retriever-multi.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/examples

creating /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_share.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_memleak.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_multi3.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_getinfo.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_cb.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/util.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_multi6.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_multi_socket_select.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_multi_vs_thread.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_post3.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_multi5.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_socketopen.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_multi2.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_multi_timer.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_stringio.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_post2.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_internals.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_xmlrpc.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_multi4.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_multi_socket.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_gtk.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_ftp.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_multi.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_debug.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

copying tests/test_post.py -> /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/share/doc/pycurl/tests

running install_egg_info

Writing /tmp/SBo/package-pycurl/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pycurl-7.19.0-py2.6.egg-info

Slackware package maker, version 3.14159.

Searching for symbolic links:

No symbolic links were found, so we won't make an installation script.

You can make your own later in ./install/doinst.sh and rebuild the

package if you like.

This next step is optional - you can set the directories in your package

to some sane permissions. If any of the directories in your package have

special permissions, then DO NOT reset them here!

Would you like to reset all directory permissions to 755 (drwxr-xr-x) and

directory ownerships to root.root ([y]es, [n]o)? n

Creating Slackware package:  /tmp/pycurl-7.19.0-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz

./

install/

install/slack-desc

usr/

usr/lib64/

usr/lib64/python2.6/

usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/

usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pycurl.so

usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/curl/

usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/curl/__init__.py

usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/curl/__init__.pyc

usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pycurl-7.19.0-py2.6.egg-info

usr/doc/

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/COPYING

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/pycurl.SlackBuild

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/ChangeLog

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/PKG-INFO

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/COPYING2

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/INSTALL

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/README

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_share.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_memleak.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi3.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_getinfo.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_cb.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/util.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi6.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi_socket_select.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi_vs_thread.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_post3.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi5.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_socketopen.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi2.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi_timer.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_stringio.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_post2.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_internals.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_xmlrpc.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi4.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi_socket.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_gtk.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_ftp.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_multi.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_debug.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/tests/test_post.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/examples/

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/examples/basicfirst.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/examples/xmlrpc_curl.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/examples/file_upload.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/examples/sfquery.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/examples/linksys.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/examples/retriever.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/examples/retriever-multi.py

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/TODO

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/html/

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/html/pycurl.html

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/html/curlobject.html

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/html/curlmultiobject.html

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/html/curlshareobject.html

usr/doc/pycurl-7.19.0/html/callbacks.html

Slackware package /tmp/pycurl-7.19.0-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz created.

@BRiT thanks for the post, really appreciate it. What you described is pretty much what I did anyway (but without wget - I downloaded the files on my desktop then copied to flash drive). Encouraging to know that at least I'm trying the right commands, even if I haven't got a clue how to fix the errors  ;D

The output below fails in the same way as the output in my post above.

/boot/apps/pycurl2/pycurl# ./pycurl.SlackBuild
pycurl-7.19.0/
pycurl-7.19.0/doc/
pycurl-7.19.0/examples/
pycurl-7.19.0/python/
pycurl-7.19.0/src/
pycurl-7.19.0/tests/
pycurl-7.19.0/COPYING
pycurl-7.19.0/COPYING2
pycurl-7.19.0/ChangeLog
pycurl-7.19.0/INSTALL
pycurl-7.19.0/Makefile
pycurl-7.19.0/README
pycurl-7.19.0/TODO
pycurl-7.19.0/setup.py
pycurl-7.19.0/PKG-INFO
Using curl-config (libcurl 7.20.1)
running install
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.6
creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/curl
copying python/curl/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/curl
running build_ext
creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.6
creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/src
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-                 prototypes -fPIC -DHAVE_CURL_OPENSSL=1 -DHAVE_CURL_OPENSSL=1 -DHAVE_CURL_SSL=1 -                 I/usr/include/python2.6 -c src/pycurl.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/src/pycurl.                 o
gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/src/pycurl.o -L/usr/lib -lcurl -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -lldap -lrt -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz -lpython2.6 -o build/lib.linux-i686-2.6/pycurl.so /usr/lib/libcurl.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

Any chance you could host your 5.0 beta package and so I can try it on my 4.7 build? Could I also ask one of the "noobs" in this thread eager to get pyLoad working to see if you run BRiT's "unRAID 4.7 series" code in his post above, does the package build correctly?

It may be a while, as the version I compiled is in my 64Bit full Slackware 13.37 distro-based system. So yes, my system isn't exactly the same as anyone elses. To try the packages I produce you'd need to be running on a 64bit OS too.

I might have time over the weekend to break out my old unRAID 4.7 virtual machine dev environment to give this a shot on a pure base unRAID system. I'll let you know if I find anything out then.

In the meantime, see if installing this package before you try those SlackBuild directions again helps out. It seems that 'z' library is actually named zlib even though the files it produces files are /usr/lib/libz.a, /usr/lib/libz.so and the like.

wget http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-12.2/slackware/l/zlib-1.2.3-i486-2.tgz
installpkg zlib-1.2.3-i486-2.tgz

Very quick update.....its late and I need sleep.

Using BRiT's advice and modifying it to solve more problems with making this package I finally managed to create this file  ;D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48364/pycurl-7.19.0-i486-1_SBo.tgz

Once installed I now have the minimum requirements to run pyLoad..........except it won't start. I'll paste the error and edit this post with more details tomorrow,

Until then feel free to download and install the package above

wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48364/pycurl-7.19.0-i486-1_SBo.tgz
installpkg pycurl-7.19.0-i486-1_SBo.tgz

wget the latest pyLoad build and unzip to your flash drive

wget http://get.pyload.org/get/src/
unzip pyload-src-v0.4.5,zip

then use the command below to run the setup.

python pyLoadCore.py -s

After the setup is complete run the command below to start pyLoad.

python pyLoadCore.py

It's at this point that I fail  ???

Success!  ;D

In the last 10mins I've managed to get it working......see attached screenshot. I'm at work at the moment, on a night shift and done this over VPN. Got some work to catch up on now but will try and zip up all the packages tomorrow and post them here. I'll do a basic guide on installing everything but I'll warn you now, YMMV! I've downloaded numerous packages and dependencies so my system has lots of extras that yours probably won't  :P

pyLoadFirstBoot.png.d6423cbdd976eb0805ebb3d28304ac16.png

Success!  ;D

In the last 10mins I've managed to get it working......see attached screenshot. I'm at work at the moment, on a night shift and done this over VPN. Got some work to catch up on now but will try and zip up all the packages tomorrow and post them here. I'll do a basic guide on installing everything but I'll warn you now, YMMV! I've downloaded numerous packages and dependencies so my system has lots of extras that yours probably won't  :P

Grats! Will wait patiently for your updated guide :)

On another hand, I'm interested in setting up VPN access for my box too. What are you using and is there a guide available? Thanks.

Sorry guys, not had time today to upload the packages or create a guide but thanks for your patience.

Re: VPN - I run TomatoUSB (and previously TomatoVPN) firmware on my Buffalo router. If you've got a dd-wrt/tomato compatible router there are plenty of guides out there on getting OpenVPN running. To me at least, it makes sense to run the VPN through the router rather than on the server. The only time your VPN is offline is if your connection has failed or the power is off. In either case you'll be unable to connect where ever the VPN was hosted :P Running on the router allows me to wake the server (with magic packets) if the power failed or didn't come back up after a reboot. I use the VPN to tunnel my connection when on untrusted networks or behind restrictive firewalls, so its win-win-win ;)

Looking to upgrade to an Asus RT-n16 pretty soon. Consolidate the network a little, remove some of the extra boxes and cabling.