Public, encrypted file drop?

Bitbass

I'm hoping there's an easy way to do this and I just haven't found it in my searches yet. I'd like to have a public facing, encrypted and authenticated file drop location. I'm hoping I can do this within Unraid.

I'm not really set up for users on Unraid at the moment, and I'd prefer to not be forced into breaking my current settings. A container with a secure front end that maps the back end to a single share in Unraid would be preferred.

I'm going to look into pwndrop. Looks like it might work for my needs, but I need to understand it better. Am I missing another obvious answer?

On 2/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, Bitbass said:

[..]

I'm going to look into pwndrop. Looks like it might work for my needs, but I need to understand it better. Am I missing another obvious answer?

Pwndrop is a great solution for this. Just set it up in Docker and try it out. I use it as my personal filedrop, and I let some friends use it too.

To make a long story short, I guess unless you run dozens of services which require login I'd not use unraid users for anything

Dieter, I tried it out and I'm having a little bit of a stumble with it. Maybe you can help point me in the right direction.

First, it's reporting the available space as what the Docker process has, not the array drive space. Maybe that's not material if it's storing the files directly to a share on the array.

But that's my next issue. I think I figured out how to remap the data_dir location to a /mnt/user/share location, but it's storing the file in what appears to be an obfuscated and possibly encrypted state. Ideally, the files would just drop into this dedicated share and then I can move them on the array to the right location using something like Krusader. Otherwise, it looks like I have to retrieve the file from the pwndrop web interface which then downloads it to my local machine. Not the end of the world, but not what I'd like to do. I'll also try the WebDAV to streamline that.