Run UnRaid OS Standalone PC?

Hi All,

I am new to UnRaid OS. I hope someone can clarify the following. How do I run my UnRaid NAS machine as a standalone PC?  So far I am only able to operate my UnRaid NAS remotely from my Windows client PC.  And if I connect a keyboard, mouse and monitor to my UnRaid NAS and allow it to bootup to the point where it asks for USER and PASSWORD information the UnRaid OS GUI does not appear after I enter this login information.

In short, I have a 4TB MyBook hard drive which I want to unload to my UnRaid NAS by using Krusader all within my UnRaid NAS machine and not remotely from a Windows client PC.   Any advice welcome.

Squid,

Thank you for your post.  Below is a rough photo of my UnRaid OS after it has completed the bootup process in what I now know is called default mode. In this mode it asks for a USER and PASSWORD at the very end.  I thought from this point it was a matter of typing in a terminal command to convert over to GUI mode.  I didn't think the change required I make it within the GUI itself.   I learned something new and thanks for the help.

Bootup.JPG

At the start of the boot process you would have been presented with a menu that allows you to select the boot mode.  There is a timeout that kicks in if you do not actively select an option and then whatever is the current default is activated.   The initial default is appropriate for ‘headless’ servers.

As well as doing it via the GUI it is also possible to edit the file syslinux/syslinux.cfg on the USB stick and move the default entry to be one of the other options.