constant 100% cpu usage on 2 cores.

Hi

Since updating the motherboard (MSI mortar) and CPU (AMD Ryzen 5 3200) I have constant 100% usage on two cores, I have tried htop and top on terminal but I am not experienced enough to tell what is going on.

1369367362_Screenshot2021-02-08225214.png.66a489f07130bb78610ff844ee4a6948.png

Even with no dockers running and no VMs running two cores or threads 100% - I am really stuck and have been for months and am considering hiring somebody to sort this for me as its puching me over the edge.

1531804349_Screenshot3.thumb.png.5a964e21385013b4187c850a5de22667.png

Screenshot 4.png

Hi

Ok just updated to new stable release and no change.  I have just set up my friends server with a ryzen and no such issue on his so assuming its hardware and as nobody on any of the help contacts has come up with solution I am assuming faulty mainboard or CPU so now working on a replacement.

I am worried if I get new mainboard and CPU and then find this continues I may totally lose the plot however.

In Answer to Jons question earlier in thread - it is not just cosmetic it is definitly effecting performance.

Many thanks

K

When going from 6.8.3 to 6.9 RC2, I had something similar happening to me.

My CPU was stuck in power save mode on 800MHz, resulting is 100% on multiple cores.

I had to put my the "CPU Scaling Governor"-setting to Perfomance using the Tips & Tweaks plugin.

However, with the issue above solved, it happened again when booting a VM. For some reason when I upgraded, my VM broke and I ended up deleting and recreating it.

Hi Guys

I know I keep asking but can somebody please help me with this, even if I got to pay somebody to do for me, this has been frustrating as hell and been going on for months.

Even if I have to rebuild server with new CPU, change back to intel, delete whole thing and start again, please just end this for me 😞

the CPU doesnt even do my transcoding, that is done by my GPU but still 2 cores at 100% 24/7, I am happy to try anything.

K

8 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Have you upgraded to 6.9.0 ?
I've seen a slight improvement after upgrading (and a couple reboots).... now only 1 core pegged @ 100% 24/7

Hi Buddy

Thank you so much for the update and keeping up with this, I am getting nowhere with, I have updated to stable yes, all it did was change the cores that are 100%.

because its limiting my CPU I bought a Quadra card and followed Space Invaders latest video and now my Quadra is doing all the transcoding to my CPU is no longer going to flat out with only two people transcoding - but this is not a solution to the issue.

Looking in HTOP and logs I can see that system is trying to run a lidarr.exe file from appdata not sure if this is it but not sure how to stop that.

thanks

K

Hi

*update* bought new CPU and everything back to the way it should be. I am guessing that because previous CPU was a G model (can use on board graphics) and this one is not then that must have been the issue, although happy to be corrected.

Thanks

K

image.png.fd519c529bc066a3af4bc5f5f6560262.png

Edited by keymaster
added pic
  • 4 weeks later...