Transport endpoint is not connected with /mnt/user

jwmoss

When attempting to browse to /mnt/user, I get the error here:

/bin/ls: cannot access 'user': Transport endpoint is not connected

I've seen this behavior before with rclone (which I was mounting a share inside of there) and I believe what may have caused this.

Here's what I've done to eliminate this:

1. Remove all rclone mount scripts that are trying to mount into /mnt/user

2. Remove rclone plugin(s).

I'm still having the issue. Help!

tower-diagnostics-20210210-1349.zip

I thought I had hopefully resolved this, I only get the issue if running tdarr and keep finding all my shares missing causing me to reboot.

I had tdarr's media folder set to /mnt/user but changed it to /mnt/user/tvshows etc I managed 36 to find the shares gone again.  

Can someone please take a look at my diags in case it is something else?  I really still do think it is tdarr but there are no paths set in the docker to use /mnt/user

image.png.ec6681296072c2a17f3ce2a13eca5a55.png

Many Thanks

unraid1-diagnostics-20210216-2141.zip

22 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

It's an elusive issue, and not easy to reproduce, but those kind of dockers that directly manipulate files seem to be the ones that are more likely to cause this problem, but unless you can use disk shares for that (that would limit it to one disk or pool) don't known much else you can do.

Thank you, I understand,

I am able to reproduce it several times a day at the moment if I can be of any use testing! 

I will install tdarr on my other unraid server to see if I get the same results as it seems I am the only tdarr user struggling with this problem.  

Just to make sure you are clear, the way tdarr works is it copies the file from the user share to the cache, it then encodes that copied file on the cache drive then replaces that encoded file back to the user share.  I could understand this issue more if tdarr was encoding directly on the user share to be honest but no matter what it is definitely causing this issue.

Edited by mbc0
  • 3 months later...

I started seeing this error: /bin/ls: cannot access 'user': Transport endpoint is not connected recently. I have been running Unraid for several years and never had this error. I worked through each docker and found that the latest version of SyncThing is the cause. I have also been running SyncThing for the last year and only now am seeing this error. When I shutdown the docker Unraid runs with issues. Within 30 minutes of re-enabling SyncThing I get the "Transport endpoint" error where my /mnt/user directory shows "?" for all listed stats. Tryng to do anything with that directory causes errors. Plex stops working as does all of the other dockers.

Any ideas?

5 hours ago, llwhite said:

I started seeing this error: /bin/ls: cannot access 'user': Transport endpoint is not connected recently. I have been running Unraid for several years and never had this error. I worked through each docker and found that the latest version of SyncThing is the cause. I have also been running SyncThing for the last year and only now am seeing this error. When I shutdown the docker Unraid runs with issues. Within 30 minutes of re-enabling SyncThing I get the "Transport endpoint" error where my /mnt/user directory shows "?" for all listed stats. Tryng to do anything with that directory causes errors. Plex stops working as does all of the other dockers.

Any ideas?

You should ask the support thread of the container.

You can access it from the docker tab.

image.png.78f502ef2761a3b4477d982d31f0275b.png

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...