[SOLVED] Complete Reset after Kernel Panics, Initial Parity Sync incredibly slow

Hello!

I was having undecipherable kernel panic issues, and after a couple weeks of research and troubleshooting, including swapping to a different CPU and also a different motherboard, I decided to reset UNRAID. I wiped all my HDDs and SSDs, and re-created the USB drive, using the same physical drive and just copying the license key back over. I was still receiving kernel panics until I found a BIOS update that fixed the issue. 

Now, in setting up the new array and assigning a parity disk, all goes well until the initial parity sync begins. It will start out at full speed (120MB/s) but it quickly drops to ~200-300KB/s and stays there. The machine has been running for 14 hours and has only finished 17.4% of the parity sync. From what I can parse of the S.M.A.R.T data for the drive (sdd) it doesn't seem to be having any kind of error rate to be fully failing, but I'm not an expert on S.M.A.R.T data either. I am at a loss as to what could be causing the issue. I do have a spare drive I can use for Parity as I have an in-box 10TB IronWolf, just wanting to make sure I don't need to pull it out yet. 

I've attached the full anonymized diagnostics, hopefully there's a nugget of info that answers what's going on with it. Given the system is completely wiped of data, any formatting solutions are fine, there's nothing to lose at the moment. 

EDIT:

I went ahead and replaced the parity drive with a brand new drive, still in anti-static bag. The new drive is working phenomenally. In the meantime I have taken the old drive and have plopped it into my hot-swap dock connected to my Windows machine. After running S.M.A.R.T analysis with CrystalDiskInfo, and doing research on Seagate's values, the drive doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it, and the Reallocated Sectors count is still at 100. The only errors showing up are Read Error Rate and Seek Error Rate. I've got the CrystalDisk results attached, still curious as to what might be wrong with the drive, or if it was just weird software issue. 

smaugs-trove-diagnostics-20210214-1229.zip

Screenshot_4.png

EDIT 2:

Changing to a new parity drive seemed like it worked, however after 2 hours the machine kernel panicked once again. I took a photo of the panic as I had no other way to capture the data, the picture is attached. I have noticed that it usually takes about 2 hours for the machine to panic, and as of writing I tried disabling the onboard WAN and Bluetooth, noting that they were mentioned in the kernel panic printout. I would truly appreciate any help I could get, these issues have been going on for a few weeks now and are very frustrating. 

PS: Apologies about the oddness of the picture, I tried to make the text still readable by using panorama mode on my phone, so it's not exactly aligned perfectly. 

20210216_115455.jpg

Edited by untraceablez
Final solution found.
  • untraceablez changed the title to [SOLVED] Complete Reset after Kernel Panics, Initial Parity Sync incredibly slow