[Support] ich777 - Jellyfin AMD/Intel/Nvidia [DEPRECATED]

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

What kind of media do you try to transcode?

Does this happen on all your media?

Like 98% of my media is H264 / HEVC. Wasnt able to play any media file! 

UPDATE

After completly uninstall and manualy removing all config files, I was able to activate decoding. Video Playback seems to be working, but not that right.. 

image.thumb.png.7447a3d80c01330019e175d0d4ba16b4.png

Edited by T4s3rF4c3
11 hours ago, T4s3rF4c3 said:

After completly uninstall and manualy removing all config files, I was able to activate decoding. Video Playback seems to be working, but not that right.. 

Is this HDR content?

I'll have to look into this, unfortunately I don't have such a CPU to test this.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, T4s3rF4c3 said:

Yes HDR content. Encoding is working fine with 1080p H264 SDR but all of my H264 Files have HDR..... 

I think you are talking about h265?

HDR sometimes won't work correctly on Jellyfin from what I know, anyways I will look into this again and see if maybe something is missing in my container. :)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think you are talking about h265?

HDR sometimes won't work correctly on Jellyfin from what I know, anyways I will look into this again and see if maybe something is missing in my container. :)

Thank you very much!

I'm not sure, but video detail display h264..

image.png.d426cff210a3a736f90fe6c58d8b54bc.png

16 minutes ago, T4s3rF4c3 said:

I'm not sure, but video detail display h264..

The source codec is HEVC so to speak h265 ("Originale Medieninformation"), you transcode to h264.

Have you yet tried to play the file on a mobile phone or tablet if the same happens there too?

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The source codec is HEVC so to speak h265 ("Originale Medieninformation"), you transcode to h264.

Have you yet tried to play the file on a mobile phone or tablet if the same happens there too?

Nice to know! Thank you! 

Same problem on phone and tablet. 

• Thanks 1
On 12/29/2021 at 9:18 PM, ich777 said:

Seems like that's the case.

Now I also know why QSV is also not supported (first post on this page), thank you for reporting this. :)

Actually those 1 yrs+ posts are outdated. We have supported HDR10 TM on QSV in the later versions of 10.7.

And with the release of 10.8 (alpha5), both VPP and OpenCL tone-mapping impl got much improved in terms of speed and stability.

Current status of HDR tone-mapping support are as follows:

https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/administration/hardware-acceleration.html#configuring-opencl--cuda--intel-vpp-tone-mapping

hdrtm.png.d80ef8b54a9f405eab80c7a4d648430a.png

Edited by nyanmisaka
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, nyanmisaka said:

Actually those 1 yrs+ posts are outdated. We have supported HDR10 TM on QSV in the later versions of 10.7.

Can you confirm that AMD VA-API is working properly in the official container?

If yes, this container can be deprecated or better speaking switched over to the official one.

3 hours ago, nyanmisaka said:

But jellyfin official container doesn't include any non-free drivers such as intel's iHD driver for QSV.

Yes, tested it myself and it doesn't work on the official one.

You can easily switch between the containers by changing from ich777/jellyfin to jellyfin/jellyfin and vice versa.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:12 PM, RYZEN5000 said:

I hate whoever is doing the updates to jellyfin, whenever an update is released and it updates Jellyfin wont load anymore. Everytime I want to update I have to modify permissions and completely delete the appdata folder that contains jellyfin and reinstall it. Its soo often I get suckered into an update and it ruines everything, I had to turn off updates, they aren't really updates in my opinion, they are worse than malaware. 

An update is somone messing with the settings when its working fine leave it the F alone and stop trampling my server down. I don't want your updates. All they do is put my machine out of service and I cant watch any movies that evening. What kind of individual does this to me every few days? Thats really stupid. Thats one thing I hate about unraid is whos doing the updates. Leave Jellyfin Nvidia alone!!!!!

Also be more clear what to type into this area if Im using a Nvidia GPU

EDITREMOVE
Path to AMD or Intel device - fill in with '/dev/dri' if you want to use AMD or Intel hardware transcoding (ATTENTION: Delete this value if you don't want to use Intel or AMD hardware transcoding otherwise the container won't start).

News flash buddy I have to put something into that spot to get the container to work!! but you don't say what so im using /dev/dri with nvidia. Thats not cool, it should probably have a different name or you should tell people what to put in the spot with the red asterix. We cant just leave it blank!!!! Im so sick of u guys messing my shit up no more updates to hell with it I'm running it the way it is.

The recent updates have all been good and no issues. I was unaware that I needed to remove the PATH TO AMD OR INTEL DEVICE.

I removed it completely and I have had no more issues with transcoding media and the player is working perfectly now. I see that the docker instructions have been updated to show that the option needs to be removed if you have an NVIDIA graphics card. Thanks for that info it helped me. for those that are having issues with transcoding Jellyfin NVIDIA just remove the AMD INTEL click remove that option in docker during install. Also why transcode to begin with? modern tvs will play H265 without transcode my TCL 5 series smart tv never needed transcoding and as soon as I stopped using the chrome browser to play Jellyfin on my PC and started using Jellyfin media Player off Git Hub my transcoding days are over. All videos have been direct playing with Jellyfin Media Player,

Get it here guys

Jellyfin media player AN END TO TRANSCODING H.265 NO MORE TRANSCODING WHILE PLAYING REQUIRED. YAY!!!!!

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-media-player/releases/tag/v1.7.0-pre2

I am running Seagate 16TB HDD Exos X16 7200 RPM 512e/4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Enterprise Hard Drive (ST16000NM001G) drives in my unraid server. They are durable but expensive and I want to disable and turn off fast forwarding or skip ahead feature in Jellyfin NVIDIA. The reason is kinda funny but it really bothers me that my father when I give him access to my server he doesn't play the videos normally like a person should, he fast forwards every few minutes and then fast forwards again and again till the movie ends. Then he goes on to the next movie and does the same darn thing. Its really bugging me because I know it does affect me in a negative way.

<<MY question is, will this affect hard drive head life and reliability?>>

Currently every component in my unraid server is brand new and I was wondering if it will affect reliability of my hard drives and create extra wear and tear if he consistently abuses the fast forward and I have asked him several times not to but he wont stop. I can see him doing it on my dashboard. I have all my data currently on one 16 TB drive and I have 53 TB total with my 16TB  16TB  8TB  8TB Drives 1TB  1TB  1TB  2TB cache drives.

IS he wearing out the hard drive by fast forwarding, somone please tell me.

I need to disable the fast forward feature completely for his username is there any patch or code I can input to accomplish this before he craps out my drives prematurely?

BTW here  is my ongoing build of my unraid server, its not finished yet, I'm buying more discs still as I need them so the warranty doesnt expire before I actually put data on them.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/snTSrb96zEeJ5Qyf8

Edited by RYZEN5000
9 hours ago, RYZEN5000 said:

IS he wearing out the hard drive by fast forwarding, somone please tell me.

I think this question is better suited in the General Support forums than here.

9 hours ago, RYZEN5000 said:

<<MY question is, will this affect hard drive head life and reliability?>>

However you can post your Diagnostics here and I'll take a look at the SMART readings from your drives if you want to.

Hi Guys, I was hoping that someone could help me, my JellyFin instance recently decided it needed an update so I did and now it refuses to start. All of my other containers start no issue.

The error it gives is:

Execution error

Server error

I have checked the logs and there is nothing there at all so there is no other indication as to why the failure. 

I was looking for others with the same issue and there seems to be some. I found this thread with the exact same issue but there doesn't seem to be an answer that works here. Can someone please assist in sorting this issue?

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/117030-jellyfin-execution-error-server-error/

• Like 1
On 1/11/2022 at 7:09 AM, ich777 said:

I think this question is better suited in the General Support forums than here.

However you can post your Diagnostics here and I'll take a look at the SMART readings from your drives if you want to.

ok sure, but I think this would be the right place to ask about disabling the fast forward for some users, a mod perhaps Im willing to change the code inside to keep the old man from fast forwarding my discs all day long.

here is my main drive I'm using, there are more of course but it is the only one with data so far. Other than the Cache drives.

SMART.txt

Edited by ich777
put output into file to not bloat the thread
On 1/6/2022 at 5:56 PM, ich777 said:

Yes, tested it myself and it doesn't work on the official one.

You can easily switch between the containers by changing from ich777/jellyfin to jellyfin/jellyfin and vice versa.

Hi @ich777 please can you let me know how to switch from the linuxserver version of Jellyfin to your version? Can I just stop/delete the current one and install yours and point it to the same appdata folder? Will I lose any info?

Edit: I am also getting the choppy video as per @T4s3rF4c3 post above ... it goes away if I disable HEVC transcoding (see attached images)... I am using an Nvidia 1050 TI. Hoping if I switch to your container it will fix this...

WithHEVCTranscodingDisabled.JPG

WithHEVCTranscodingEnabled.JPG

Edited by ultimz
Adding more info
  • ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - Jellyfin AMD/Intel/Nvidia [DEPRECATED]
  • ich777 locked this topic