[Support] ich777 - Jellyfin AMD/Intel/Nvidia [DEPRECATED]

15 minutes ago, Tery said:

Here is a h264 playing log.

Isn't this a VP8/9 file since it tries to load the vpx libraries (keep in mind your processor doesn't support that)?

Please go to the Jellyfin settings and enable only H264.

Just tried to start Jellyfin and connect wo WebGUI but not possible. So checked the logs and found:

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
Failed to create CoreCLR, HRESULT: 0x80004005

It's repeating and repeating.

Tried to Google this and although there were some results I didn't find something helpful.

Any Idea what to do?

Can't make it work with i5-4440. It's old but should work with h264 I suppose...? I get this error: 

Failed to sync to output buffer completion: 5 (invalid VAContextID).
Video encoding failed

Tried different files - same problem, it won't play with VAAPI enabled. Direct play works fine. Intel TOP plugin installed. 

Any ideas please? :)

chrome_ie2v1ej8h8.png

chrome_ULsnePAInL.png

chrome_ylpis6ZvTr.png

Log.txt

40 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It seems you have the same issue as @Tery has.

And almost the same CPU.

Have you yet tried the official container from Jellyfin if there happens the same?

yep, exactly the same issue with official one.

maybe this is somehow related?

there was one reply in this thread with i7-4xxx and it worked (page 3-4 don't remember) so I guess it should work :/

Update: Indeed it was related and now I was able to fix transcoding.

So, If anyone have the same problem follow these steps:

apt update

TEMP_DEB="$(mktemp)"

wget -O "$TEMP_DEB" 'https://repo.jellyfin.org/releases/server/ubuntu/versions/jellyfin-ffmpeg/4.3.2-1/jellyfin-ffmpeg_4.3.2-1-focal_amd64.deb'

dpkg -i "$TEMP_DEB"

rm -f "$TEMP_DEB"

The only problem is that I couldn't downgrade ffmpeg in your docker container, it only worked in official one.

Edited by tonyandr
fixed
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Should be exactly the same.

# dpkg -i "$TEMP_DEB"
dpkg: warning: downgrading jellyfin-ffmpeg from 4.4.1-2-bullseye to 4.3.2-1-focal
(Reading database ... 12307 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack /tmp/tmp.7jAKnGKIcS ...
Unpacking jellyfin-ffmpeg (4.3.2-1-focal) over (4.4.1-2-bullseye) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of jellyfin-ffmpeg:
 jellyfin-ffmpeg depends on libx264-155; however:
  Package libx264-155 is not installed.
 jellyfin-ffmpeg depends on libx265-179 (>= 3.2); however:
  Package libx265-179 is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package jellyfin-ffmpeg (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-13+deb11u2) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 jellyfin-ffmpeg

This happens. I guess it is possible to fix as well but I'm newbie here 

2 hours ago, Tery said:

Sorry but it is already installed along with the newest Intel compute runtime, this is from my build log and you can see that there is exactly this version installed:

Get:57 https://fra1.mirror.jellyfin.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 jellyfin-ffmpeg amd64 4.4.1-2-bullseye [26.1 MB]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem with the transcoding on a new install.

I use NVENC with a Quadro M4000 and get this FFmpeg error:

frame=    1 fps=0.0 q=0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.00 bitrate=N/A speed=   0x    
[h264 @ 0x55d7dfcd99c0] No decoder surfaces left
[h264 @ 0x55d7dfcf6840] No decoder surfaces left
frame=   21 fps=0.0 q=11.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.85 bitrate=N/A speed=1.05x    
Error while decoding stream #0:0: Invalid data found when processing input
[h264 @ 0x55d7dfcbcc40] No decoder surfaces left
Error while decoding stream #0:0: Invalid data found when processing input
[h264 @ 0x55d7dfcd99c0] No decoder surfaces left
Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'Parsed_scale_cuda_0' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0
[aac @ 0x55d7dee47b40] Qavg: 65536.000
[aac @ 0x55d7dee47b40] 2 frames left in the queue on closing
Conversion failed!

I add the complete log of FFmpeg and excerpt of the Jellyfin log.

My configuration is standard, nothing special anywhere. I double checked the guide and everything seems to be right, just doesn't want to work.

Really don't know what I could do, I played arround with pretty much every option that exists.

Thanks in advance!

FFmpeg.Transcode-2022-03-25_16-56-30_4e8ec9ec401afbecd4331aa4826a071d_323a07e4.log jellyfin log.txt

37 minutes ago, Guri said:

I use NVENC with a Quadro M4000 and get this FFmpeg error:

Do other files work?

Please make sure that you've disable HEVC en-/decoding in Jellyfin itself because your card simply doesn't support h265, maybe not related but you should do this anyways.

Please double check that your transcoding directory is not full and has the right permissions.

What driver version are you using?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Do other files work?

Well yes and no, did some testing and nothing over 720p 4mbits works, but everything on and under that. I thought its not using nvenc there but it clearly does according to nvidia-smi.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please make sure that you've disable HEVC en-/decoding in Jellyfin itself because your card simply doesn't support h265

It's disabled.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please double check that your transcoding directory is not full and has the right permissions.

I use the standard configuration, so it should use my cache drive with over 300 GB free.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

What driver version are you using?

I add two new FFmpeg logs one that did work on 720p 4mbit and one that doesn't on 720p 6mbit.

doeswork720p.txt doesnotwork720p.txt

56 minutes ago, Guri said:

I add two new FFmpeg logs one that did work on 720p 4mbit and one that doesn't on 720p 6mbit.

I will have to look into this on my server, will report back after the weekend.

Have you yet tried another Jellyfin container if it‘s the same too?

14 hours ago, Guri said:

I can't reproduce this on my test machine.

It's a ASRock J3710-ITX with a NVIDIA T400 (driver version 510.60.02) and 8GB of RAM and I've now tried various files (4K HDR, 4K, 1080p, 720p) and tried various transcoding presets (720p 6MB, 720 4MB, 480 2MB) and they all work perfectly fine with NVENC.

Have you yet tried another container from another maintainer if it's the same there too?

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried another container from another maintainer if it's the same there too?

I used the official jellyfin docker before but without hardware encoding. So no.

I don't know what i should try.

22 minutes ago, Guri said:

I used the official jellyfin docker before but without hardware encoding. So no.

I don't know what i should try.

Try the official one once more and put in the necessary variables for HW transcoding (you can find them in the second post from the Nvidia Driver plugin).

Really curious if it is working there.

• 3 weeks later...

Odd issue, trying to troubleshoot via rebooting & solve with mix of go/User Scripts plugin.

I noticed streaming kept stopping "randomly" and confirmed that after reboot, my docker volumes for cache & transcode - /tmp/jellyfin/ - would get set back to root:root permissions and/or disappear completely (/tmp/jellyfin/transcode).

I've searched and no one else seems to have this issue, so it must be user error.  What is best practice for leveraging RAM for this docker image?  

• Owner - root:root vs nobody:users
  • Permissions - if root:root, 777

Finally, can someone explain differences between editing go vs User Scripts?  Seems like go executes at prior to User Scripts, which helps with things like ZFS, etc.

49 minutes ago, OneMeanRabbit said:

I noticed streaming kept stopping "randomly" and confirmed that after reboot, my docker volumes for cache & transcode - /tmp/jellyfin/ - would get set back to root:root permissions and/or disappear completely (/tmp/jellyfin/transcode).

Please don't do /tmp/jellyfin the directory /tmp is way enough and I always recommend mounting it to /tmp without any sub directories.

50 minutes ago, OneMeanRabbit said:

Finally, can someone explain differences between editing go vs User Scripts?  Seems like go executes at prior to User Scripts, which helps with things like ZFS, etc.

I don't know what you exactly mean with that... What exact script do you have in the User Script or go file?

• ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - Jellyfin AMD/Intel/Nvidia [DEPRECATED]
  • ich777 locked this topic