[Support] ich777 - Jellyfin AMD/Intel/Nvidia [DEPRECATED]

Is your dock worker sending me a message after a restart. If I do "Modprobe radeon" in the console, your docker starts up fine. I just had this understanding following the reboot of my unraid server. Strange
2056885098_ErrorJellyfin.thumb.PNG.7078d2bf31890972afa9833c52593c21.PNG
Oh, now I get it, those cards use the old radeon module.

You are of course right then, you need to load it by hand with 'modprobe radeon'.

How do you try to edit the go file or what is the exact issue?

Sent from my C64

I tried through the unraid console, without success. I edited the file with notepad ++, added the line, but unfortunately it doesn't work
218604788_Fichiergo.thumb.PNG.d746affa04006c2f0291c472df0639ea.PNG
Remove the line 'modprobe amdgpu'

I would also recommend to remove the other "backup" go files.

After you've removed the line reboot unRAID and and try if it works, if not please post the output from:
lsmod

Sent from my C64

Hi, Sorry for the late reply.

i just deleted the modprobe amdgpu line from the go file and deleted the go.save. Unfortunately I always have an error after restarting the server when launching your Jellyfin docker.

But it does not matter, my CG not decoding the HECV codec, I wait to succeed in buying a 6800xt to replace my GTX1660 that I would put in my server at this time. I think this is the best thing to do :)

Thank you very much for your time

• Like 1

hi:

I'm using the iGPU in R5 5600G,it works when I diabled the hardware encoding.otherwise,it occurs a error when I open the hevc video。as flows

[h264_vaapi @ 0x5629effd9100] Driver does not support some wanted packed headers (wanted 0xd, found 0x1).

Output #0, hls, to '/config/transcodes/ed6ac1d6d22a29fdda3f787857ac2933.m3u8':

Metadata:

encoder         : Lavf58.45.100

Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (h264_vaapi) (High), vaapi_vld, 3840x2160 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=-1--1, 40576 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 90k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)

Metadata:

encoder         : Lavc58.91.100 h264_vaapi

Stream #0:1: Audio: aac (LC), 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp (24 bit), 640 kb/s (default)

Metadata:

encoder         : Lavc58.91.100 aac

[mpegts @ 0x5629f0969f80] H.264 bitstream malformed, no startcode found, use the video bitstream filter 'h264_mp4toannexb' to fix it ('-bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb' option with ffmpeg)

av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid data found when processing input

[hls @ 0x5629effaf880] Opening '/config/transcodes/ed6ac1d6d22a29fdda3f787857ac29330.ts' for writing

frame=    1 fps=0.0 q=-0.0 Lsize=N/A time=00:00:00.66 bitrate=N/A speed=1.99x    

video:24kB audio:2kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown

[aac @ 0x5629effaed80] Qavg: 65536.000

Conversion failed!

How can I resolve this error?Very thanks for your help!

On 10/11/2021 at 10:02 PM, ich777 said:

Please post a picture from your Docker template.

Have you installed a Cache drive?

Is your Video library gone too or just the Admin settings?

I'll be using the Container without a problem.

Sorry for the late reply.

Screenshot attached.

Cache drive is installed (1TB Kingston SA2000 NVME). Library is still available and it is possible to run movies. Just the admin settings are gone and i am not able to change any settings. 

Docker_Jellyfin.png

Sorry for the late reply.
Screenshot attached.
Cache drive is installed (1TB Kingston SA2000 NVME). Library is still available and it is possible to run movies. Just the admin settings are gone and i am not able to change any settings. 
Docker_Jellyfin.thumb.png.fa43372629936c833ec03121dc55c897.png
Please be a bit more specific, which settings are not saved exactly in the admin panel?
Which browser are you using?
Have you tried to clear the cache from your browser.

Sent from my C64

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think this can't be resolved currently since it seems the 5xxx series isn't supported by now.

Does this happen only with h.265 or with h.264 too?

Sorry,I only have 2 Blue Ray videos(hevc main 10).When I enable the hardware decoding, and diable the hardware encoding,both of the two videos work fine!For the first one,when I enable the hardware encoding,it can play without erros but the screen is blurred;the second one can not play and the logging said "H.264 bitstream malformed, no startcode found, use the video bitstream filter 'h264_mp4toannexb' to fix it ('-bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb' option with ffmpeg)"!

By the way,I have a rx550 graphics card,Does this card use the driver 'amdgpu' rather than 'radeon'?

1.png

2.png

Edited by jian
16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please be a bit more specific, which settings are not saved exactly in the admin panel?
Which browser are you using?
Have you tried to clear the cache from your browser.

Sent from my C64

Oh my god, deleting the cache did it. Thank you and sorry for that...

• Like 1
Sorry,I only have 2 Blue Ray videos(hevc main 10).When I enable the hardware decoding, and diable the hardware encoding,both of the two videos work fine!For the first one,when I enable the hardware encoding,it can play without erros but the screen is blurred;the second one can not play and the logging said "H.264 bitstream malformed, no startcode found, use the video bitstream filter 'h264_mp4toannexb' to fix it ('-bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb' option with ffmpeg)"!
1.png.f7532183745d566b5afb176d9da963fc.png
2.png.c9f074518c11f292cf910f72f054e679.png
I think thats caused by Ryzen 5xxx and sadly enough I have no hardware to test this further.

I will look into this if a update will/can solve this.

Sent from my C64

• Like 1
On 16/10/2021 at 14:19, tmike22 said:

Salut, désolé pour la réponse tardive.

Je viens de supprimer la ligne modprobe amdgpu du fichier go et de supprimer le go.save. Malheureusement j'ai toujours une erreur après redémarrage du serveur lors du lancement de votre docker Jellyfin.

Mais ce n'est pas grave, mon CG ne décodant pas le codec HECV, j'attends de réussir à acheter un 6800xt pour remplacer ma GTX1660 que je mettrais dans mon serveur en ce moment. je pense que c'est la meilleure chose a faire:)

Merci beaucoup pour votre temps

Hello,

I have one last question, do I need to do something to be able to assign my graphics card to a VM again?

Because I can't do it anymore since I tried to assign it to the Jellyfin transcoding.

:)

26 minutes ago, tmike22 said:

I have one last question, do I need to do something to be able to assign my graphics card to a VM again?

No, I also don't think that this has anything to do with Jellyfin... :)

What graphics card are we talking about? I would recommend that you bind it to VFIO.

I am already on Vfio = YES.

This is the r9 280x, Not really for gaming, it's mainly to connect with Parsec (smoother than teamviewer).

I had detached it from my VM to try Jellyfin transcoding. But since impossible started the VM with only the CG. But with VNC + CG it's OK.

I wonder if by any chance the "modprobe AMDgpu" in the Go file could cause a problem?

2 minutes ago, tmike22 said:

I am already on Vfio = YES.

Then the Radeon TOP plugin nor Jellyfin can see the GPU anymore and it is reserved exclusively for use in the VM.

3 minutes ago, tmike22 said:

I wonder if by any chance the "modprobe AMDgpu" in the Go file could cause a problem?

As said above, if you already bound it to VFIO unRAID isn't able to "see" the GPU and is reserved for exclusive use in VMs.

"modprobe amdgpu" and "modprobe radeon" don't do anything because the card isn't visible to unRAID.

• 5 weeks later...

I hate whoever is doing the updates to jellyfin, whenever an update is released and it updates Jellyfin wont load anymore. Everytime I want to update I have to modify permissions and completely delete the appdata folder that contains jellyfin and reinstall it. Its soo often I get suckered into an update and it ruines everything, I had to turn off updates, they aren't really updates in my opinion, they are worse than malaware. 

An update is somone messing with the settings when its working fine leave it the F alone and stop trampling my server down. I don't want your updates. All they do is put my machine out of service and I cant watch any movies that evening. What kind of individual does this to me every few days? Thats really stupid. Thats one thing I hate about unraid is whos doing the updates. Leave Jellyfin Nvidia alone!!!!!

Also be more clear what to type into this area if Im using a Nvidia GPU

EDITREMOVE
Path to AMD or Intel device - fill in with '/dev/dri' if you want to use AMD or Intel hardware transcoding (ATTENTION: Delete this value if you don't want to use Intel or AMD hardware transcoding otherwise the container won't start).

News flash buddy I have to put something into that spot to get the container to work!! but you don't say what so im using /dev/dri with nvidia. Thats not cool, it should probably have a different name or you should tell people what to put in the spot with the red asterix. We cant just leave it blank!!!! Im so sick of u guys messing my shit up no more updates to hell with it I'm running it the way it is.

Edited by RYZEN5000
39 minutes ago, RYZEN5000 said:

I hate whoever is doing the updates to jellyfin, whenever an update is released and it updates Jellyfin wont load anymore. Everytime I want to update I have to modify permissions and completely delete the appdata folder that contains jellyfin and reinstall it. Its soo often I get suckered into an update and it ruines everything, I had to turn off updates, they aren't really updates in my opinion, they are worse than malaware. 

This is the first time that I hear of the issue, can you share your Diagnostics please?

I also run this container and it always works as usual.

40 minutes ago, RYZEN5000 said:

I don't want your updates. All they do is put my machine out of service and I cant watch any movies that evening. What kind of individual does this to me every few days? Thats really stupid. Thats one thing I hate about unraid is whos doing the updates. Leave Jellyfin Nvidia alone!!!!!

I'm not too sure what to say about this, feel free to use another container if you don't want to use it, there are more alternatives in the CA App than my container @binhex & @linuxserver.io also have alternatives in the CA App if you are unhappy with my container.

42 minutes ago, RYZEN5000 said:

EDITREMOVE
Path to AMD or Intel device - fill in with '/dev/dri' if you want to use AMD or Intel hardware transcoding (ATTENTION: Delete this value if you don't want to use Intel or AMD hardware transcoding otherwise the container won't start).

Now that I read it again it makes sense that I should edit the description a little bit. ;)

Delete the whole entry then the container can start. :)

Hope that's appropriate and thank you for the suggestion:

grafik.thumb.png.5b28f674ce254bb49576c69460ca9fb6.png

43 minutes ago, RYZEN5000 said:

News flash buddy I have to put something into that spot to get the container to work!! but you don't say what so im using /dev/dri with nvidia. Thats not cool, it should probably have a different name or you should tell people what to put in the spot with the red asterix. We cant just leave it blank!!!! Im so sick of u guys messing my shit up no more updates to hell with it I'm running it the way it is.

See answer above, already edited it, but it will take a few hours that users can see the new description text (you can't leave a "Device" entry in the template blank, this will prevent the start from the container and lead to an error message at the "docker run" command that users usually don't read. The asterisk is actually there so that users read what this is and if they need it).

The description only says that this is for Intel or AMD, for Nvidia you have to put in your GPU UUID.

An update is somone messing with the settings when its working fine leave it the F alone and stop trampling my server down. I don't want your updates. All they do is put my machine out of service and I cant watch any movies that evening. What kind of individual does this to me every few days? Thats really stupid. Thats one thing I hate about unraid is whos doing the updates. Leave Jellyfin Nvidia alone!!!!!

EDITREMOVE

Fuck me! What a torrent of abuse! You do realise @ich777 and other key developers are doing this for FREE, in their OWN time right?!? We don't paid and certainly shouldn't have to put up with shit like this!,you think you can do better, fork it and go see how easy it is, Sheesh please don't come to any of my support threads with an attitude like that.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

ich777, the guy responsible. Hi, and binhex calm yourself. I am not meaning to be abusive but this constant updating is counterproductive. I set the updates to once a month in my settings, no point building up my server to have it broken down every few days with a new update. the containers wont run after. Thats frustrating to me, I spend many hours configuring things the custom way that I like them. This is not your average low end hardware its a special build to me. The cost was extreme all brand new parts so of course I'm going to get upset when its out of service from clicking update. Its not just you, the nextcloud update wont connect to the database after it updates i have to reinstall both nextcloud and postgresql14. All the other apps I use are fine after an update. Im backin up all the config folders so downtime is minimal but I was up all night last night before i got it to reinstalled because it opened and ran but screen was stuck at loading spiral with only some of my media library running after the update. I had to assign new permissions and completely delete the entire Jellyfin Nvidia folder in appdata before the new installation would work. The new installation I did just this morning has been scanning my media all day and still isnt finished. resulting in me doing this every few days and my drives never get to spin down. The only solution is to stop updating. I have a modest media collection of 1200 movies and several dozen complete tv series.

I cant chose a different container because I just bought a nvidia 1050ti and this is the only container with the guid input to use it.

the binhex container i used before this one and for the record it always worked even after updates, so calm down your container is all good. 

I tried everything to get the container to start during an install and im talking about what goes into that device field* I have been putting /dev/nvidia0 becuase it wont start with it cleared. it also wont start with the card guid number for the card in the field, I have the guid in the nvidia visible devices field already. it does work with /dev/dri and it works with nvidia-uvm but the processor load seems a few digits higher with that one. The instructions given are clearly to leave it blank and that simply won't work. It transcodes with /dev/nvidia0 but its still using 8-11% cpu which is low compared to the %75 cpu it was using before I put in the new 1050TI.

I sympathis with you guys for not getting paid, that really sucks but I look around and I see software everywhere, not just your container that isn't functioning as it was decscribed to and I am in a battle to keep a brand new server running, everytime i turn around its always an update the program unraid offered that spoiled my work, I am battling it but I am getting frustrated with working full time to keep it running. I am spending 12 hours a day on unraid, whether its watching movies editing, adding to my media collection, I am building something great that alot of other people don't have I have super high expectations of the software, and only the best highest quality parts money could buy went into my build.

Light 4 apps asked to update all at once and I was like ok I'll try it but omw I will never let them all upodate again. I'm not going to update them when they are working fine. The Nextcloud update the last one that came out was aweful, before the update I was getting 70-99mbs upload speeds and after I was only uploading at %17 to %60 sometimes %70 peak. Why did they mess with it when it was soo fast??? Took forever to upload at 60mbs hovering around 40 most of the time all over the place. I want 99mbs back!!

BTW my server is a brand new beautiful glowing rgb monster. Its a work of art.

Edited by RYZEN5000

Seriously, if you are storing things in places that aren't mapped host storage, then you are using docker wrong. That /var folder you were telling everyone to use for nextcloud is in docker.img, and any update of the container is going to wipe that out, as it should.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

You mean this super duper custom install of nextcloud you invented keeps breaking? 🤣

Yes the installation of nextcloud with Redis, nginx, postgresql14 works beautifully until I update then I have to reinstall the database and get it to connect again, usually by completely deleting the nextcloud folder then copying its config back after. Which I backup almost daily. My server was expensive and i dont want to mess around so no more updates for me, mabye once every few months from here on out. Have a good look for yourself. Ryzen 5600G 32GB Ram 200MM fans 750w power supply, 32 TB discs to start, I'm adding more as I go. Plus 4 1TB SSD and one 512 GB ssd for apps. Only enterprise discs from now on too because i like them better than WD Red and the warranty is 5 years, 3 is not good nough for me. The link goes to photo of my beautiful server I built on display in google photos. I honestly never expected to spend 4g but it just happened over a couple weeks I kept adding more parts and I was running it the whole time some of the time with freenas which I didnt like because it wasnt compatible with my ethernet port and I have a perfectly good 2.5Gb stock ethernet, I didnt want to buy another ethernet card.  I'm full right now except for one pcie slot as it is

Unlease your power. To see google photos of my very first server build click the link below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/snTSrb96zEeJ5Qyf8

Edited by RYZEN5000
  • ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - Jellyfin AMD/Intel/Nvidia [DEPRECATED]
  • ich777 locked this topic