[Support] ich777 - Jellyfin AMD/Intel/Nvidia [DEPRECATED]

So I tried to set this up yesterday got it all installed however it sorta hung after I enabled transcoding for NVENC.

I have a 970 in my server which has been working fine in Plex.

I was then unable to force the container to shut down through GUI or Terminal

Had to manually force a reboot, and lucky me my flash drive took the brunt and died lol.

I have restup my server and am not sure if it is wise to try again.

I did tick all the encoding options after selecting NVENC.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Am I missing something.

I am a little hesitant to try again after my whirlwind of an evening last night lol

2 hours ago, Joshndroid said:

Had to manually force a reboot, and lucky me my flash drive took the brunt and died lol.

This is usually not caused by a container since it doesn‘t has access to the flash drive.

Did you maybe upgrade to a newer Unraid version?

I did tick all the encoding options after selecting NVENC.

Does the 970 even support h265?

I have to look into this but keep in mind that Jellyfin also supports transcoding to h265 and if this is not supported by your card maybe that‘s the reason why it was not working.

Am I missing something.

Can‘t tell without anything (Screenshots, Diagnostics,…) why ot wasn‘t working.

What was the source that you tried transcoding (h264, h265, h265 HDR)?

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is usually not caused by a container since it doesn‘t has access to the flash drive.

Did you maybe upgrade to a newer Unraid version?

Does the 970 even support h265?

I have to look into this but keep in mind that Jellyfin also supports transcoding to h265 and if this is not supported by your card maybe that‘s the reason why it was not working.

Can‘t tell without anything (Screenshots, Diagnostics,…) why ot wasn‘t working.

What was the source that you tried transcoding (h264, h265, h265 HDR)?

Hey ICH777

I am aware the container it did not kill my flash drive just more the annoyance that the forced reboot after the container hung was the final nail in the coffin for it.

Its possible regarding H265. I basically just ticked all and figured nothing would happen if it tried rather than potentially lock up

I didnt even get to play anything or transcode anything.

I did the initial setup, exposed a few more paths to videos, etc which all showed fine in setup. I then completed the rest of the setup. It hung after being in settings when trying to go back to the desktop.. it spiraled from there lol.

Edited by Joshndroid
50 minutes ago, Joshndroid said:

the forced reboot after the container hung was the final nail in the coffin for it.

But are you sure that the container caused this?

I have no issues to run the container with my Intel iGPU with HW transcoding on my main server and with a Nvidia P400 on my test server with HW transcoding.

51 minutes ago, Joshndroid said:

Its possible regarding H265. I basically just ticked all and figured nothing would happen if it tried rather than potentially lock up

Maybe also your GPU crashed but that's only a guess and I really can't tell what happened.

52 minutes ago, Joshndroid said:

It hung after being in settings when trying to go back to the desktop.. it spiraled from there lol.

Are you sure that it completely hung if so this it is also possible that after you've finished the setup that the initial media scan and processing from the thumbnails caused a crash because for whatever reason that I really can't tell.

Maybe try to only add a single path to the container with only one file in it an see if this is working.

As said above, I have no issue on my main Server and on my test Server running the container one with a Intel iGPU and one with a Nvidia P400 through NVENC.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have new build with 5750g and VAAPI "works" - it uses gpu, video is playing but is full of artifacts and glitches (purple and green screen for some frames etc.). New install using 6.10rc8. Is there any difference from 5700g or is there anything I can do to improve this? Thanks a lot

38 minutes ago, Angelas said:

Is there any difference from 5700g or is there anything I can do to improve this?

At the transcoding settings try to increase the Muxing queue to something like 4096 and set the preset to Fast.

Please let me know if this helps.

You mean "Allow encoding in HEVC format"? If so I had, tried to disable it but again not much difference. Like the muxing queue maybe helped little bit, this maybe also, but still artifacts basically every second, sometimes couple of seconds ok, but then again.

2 hours ago, Angelas said:

You mean "Allow encoding in HEVC format"? If so I had, tried to disable it but again not much difference. Like the muxing queue maybe helped little bit, this maybe also, but still artifacts basically every second, sometimes couple of seconds ok, but then again.

Can you maybe send me the logs from the transcoding from Jellyfin (you find them on the Admin Dasboard at the bottom).

Start a transcoding session let it run for a bit and then grab the latest jellyfin and transcoding log and send it to me please.

Hi togheter, 

the docker image is running perfect with hardware transcoding (in my server is a NVIDIA Quadro P620). 

Thanks a lot @ich777👍

I have only one problem in the ios app (Jellyfin).... 

My "old" iPad 2018 and my iphone 13 can not display a 4K movie (don´t know why is not working on my iphone...), so, normaly transcode the P620 it (automatic?) to the correct

highest format, that can play the ipad or the iphone?  

Or must i changed anything in the settings?!

Only this image, in attached, is showed me on my iphone and my iPad (iphone is a iphone 13)...

Have anyone a tip?

PS: The "Beta" Video Player i have tested, but this is not working. 

When the "ring" is showed in the ios app, i see in unraid in the GPU that Jellyfin is a "Active Apps", Load memory 37%, etc.. etc.. 

Don´t know, why is not playing the movie..

PSPS: 🙂 1080p no Problem on Iphone and Ipad... only 4K is not working... 

Jellyfin.thumb.png.aed94f7a3f228793b4f9c7a0586b1c7a.png

Thanks a lot! ✌️

Edited by High-Tower

Sry... i don´t wont a double post, but i have found a solution in another forum, for the iphone....

"Try pressing person icon in top right corner for settings. The select playback from nav menu and enable "Prefer fMP4-HLS Media Container""

This works for the iphone, but not for the "old" ipad 2018

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, High-Tower said:

This works for the iphone, but not for the "old" ipad 2018

So is this issue resolved now?

Can you try to open it in Safari and see if it is working?

I think this is more dependent on the client than on the server side...

22 hours ago, ich777 said:

So is this issue resolved now?

Can you try to open it in Safari and see if it is working?

I think this is more dependent on the client than on the server side...

Hi, 

in Safari the same issue... 

Is not working... The server and the other clients works fine.... maybe i must order a new ipad.. 😕 

Thanks for your great support 👍👍✌️

• Like 1
1 minute ago, High-Tower said:

Is not working... The server and the other clients works fine.... maybe i must order a new ipad.. 😕 

Hmmmm, this is really strange, but I think a iPad from 2018 should be able to handle the format...

This is really the last thing that I would do but maybe try to factory reset the iPad and see if this helps.

• Like 1

Hi, 

short replay ore information about is it running or not... 😕 

Factory Reset => nope

https config via reverse proxy (nginx) => nope

new config with Jellyfin app and with/without "Prefer" option... (Beta player is not working) => nope

any other browser (Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox) => nope....

on the fire hd 10 no problems... 

hmm... i think i must say goodby to my good old ipad.. 😪

• ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - Jellyfin AMD/Intel/Nvidia [DEPRECATED]
  • ich777 locked this topic