[Support] ich777 - Jellyfin AMD/Intel/Nvidia [DEPRECATED]

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Also this is completely OT

You're right. Sry for that. Next post will be in the depending forum.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

you should be able to see it on your Motherboard

Open the PC is no problem, but without removing the cooler you can't really see the motherboard at all 😂

1 minute ago, bastl said:

Open the PC is no problem, but without removing the cooler you can't really see the motherboard at all 😂

It says that this chip is on your Motherboard:

11 minutes ago, bastl said:
    Chip `ITE IT8613E Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Please also note the chips is most of the times in the lower part from the motherboard located.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:
Chip `ITE IT8613E Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

quick update in case someone stumbles across this. This sensor is the fan sensor. I will do a full writeup and link it here, when all is sorted out.

Thanks again

EDIT:

solution you can find her

Edited by bastl
added link to solution

Hello @ich777. First of all, thank you for all the hard work! I'm trying to play some DoVi (profile 5) content with jellyfin. The 10.8.1 version supposedly fixed DoVi to SDR tone-mapping.

However, I can't get it working. A jellyfin dev wrote that "AMD OpenCL runtime must be installed before using DV tonemapping".

Can you try to help me?

Error message: "Playback Error. This client isn't compatible with the media and the server isn't sending a compatible media format."

ffmpeg log: "[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x5623ffee0340] Failed to get number of OpenCL platforms: -1001. Device creation failed: -19. Failed to set value 'opencl=ocl:.0,device_vendor=Advanced Micro Devices' for option 'init_hw_device': No such device Error parsing global options: No such device."

46 minutes ago, jpslv said:

Can you try to help me?

Yes and no, I'm maybe deprecating my container in the near future because I've mainly created the container because back in the day Jellyfin doesn't support AMD hardware transcoding OOB which it does now.

Can you try to pull the official container for testing purposes? It should be pretty simple to migrate to the official Jellyfin container after you've validated that everything is working.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes and no, I'm maybe deprecating my container in the near future because I've mainly created the container because back in the day Jellyfin doesn't support AMD hardware transcoding OOB which it does now.

Can you try to pull the official container for testing purposes? It should be pretty simple to migrate to the official Jellyfin container after you've validated that everything is working.

I've installed both containers (yours and the official one) and I repeat every step on both of them.

I can't play these DoVi profile 5 files and according to the logs, the problem is OpenCL related. I think I have all AMD drivers configured properly (for example, in Plex, I can hardware transcode with no problem).

Thank you for replying!

image.png.03951b6550bb983468c55587db45298b.png

image.thumb.png.0c5a4294916d3730eae45c705a8dc87e.png

image.png

1 minute ago, jpslv said:

I can't play these DoVi profile 5 files and according to the logs, the problem is OpenCL related. I think I have all AMD drivers configured properly (for example, in Plex, I can hardware transcode with no problem).

You've wrote that in 10.8.1 the issue is resolved, but AFAIK 10.8.1 isn't released yet, or am I wrong?

1 minute ago, jpslv said:

I think I have all AMD drivers configured properly (for example, in Plex, I can hardware transcode with no problem).

Yes, the config looks alright, oh does Plex now officially support AMD GPU hardware transcoding?

As said above I will maybe deprecate the container in the near future in favor to the official one because they have now everything built in including the OpenCL drivers for Intel & AMD, like it is also the case in my container.

8 hours ago, jpslv said:

Yes, 10.8.1 has been released. They fixed the problem but my unRAID server doesn't seem to have the OpenCL drivers. How can I install them?

This is not an issue on the host when you are talking about OpenCL drivers this an issue in the container where OpenCL should be installed in the container, but I bet the OpenCL drivers are installed already in the Docker container.

Please post an issue on their GitHub here: Click

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is not an issue on the host when you are talking about OpenCL drivers this an issue in the container where OpenCL should be installed in the container, but I bet the OpenCL drivers are installed already in the Docker container.

Please post an issue on their GitHub here: Click

Thank you. I'll post on git and report back here if there is a solution.

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/issues/8030

Edited by jpslv
  • Like 1

Hey @ich777 thanks for a great container it's been working great.

I was wondering if you could work the same magic with Plex, using mauimauer's spiritsail fork (he previously made a fork of the lsio container).

Being a docker beginner I can't seem to get it working from Dockerhub, it's frustrating because you got JF working perfectly, and I know Plex & amdgpu works on my hardware (2400G) as I got it working on baremetal debian.

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, DavidNguyen said:

Hey @ich777 thanks for a great container it's been working great.

I would recommend to switch over to the official one because I've deprecating the container in the near future because the official one has everything that my container has also built in.

To switch over simply change the repository in the docker template from ich777/jellyfin to jellyfin/jellyfin

14 minutes ago, DavidNguyen said:

Plex

I think that the official one already supports AMD HW transcoding or am I wrong?

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

I would recommend to switch over to the official one because I've deprecating the container in the near future because the official one has everything that my container has also built in.

To switch over simply change the repository in the docker template from ich777/jellyfin to jellyfin/jellyfin

Thanks, I just did that, and it's working great. I just worry in the future users won't be aware of it because Jellyfin's documentation is quite vague. Anyway, for me it's working smoothly.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think that the official one already supports AMD HW transcoding or am I wrong?

It would seem not, as I've been trying for the past week (unless I've missed something or configured it wrong).

I've gone into extra paramters and entered

--device=/dev/dri

which to my understanding is the syntax for iGPU.

What I liked about your JF container was how clear the instructions were written up; if it's possible to activate in official or mauimauer's I'd appreciate the help.

3 minutes ago, DavidNguyen said:

Thanks, I just did that, and it's working great. I just worry in the future users won't be aware of it because Jellyfin's documentation is quite vague. Anyway, for me it's working smoothly.

I will update the container with a message what to do in the logs and actually a long 5 minute timer so that users will read the message, but this will be done in the next few days or weeks, got a lot stuff going on...

I can also turn my existing template into the official one... but I have to think about that...

5 minutes ago, DavidNguyen said:

It would seem not, as I've been trying for the past week (unless I've missed something or configured it wrong).

That's really odd but I really don't like Plex and I'm not using Plex anymore other than testing new Nvidia drivers and I really can't give support if someone has a real issue, I hope you understand that...

• Like 1
On 6/17/2022 at 6:30 AM, ich777 said:

Can you point me to those threads?

I mostly only use Emby/Jellyfin and never got such an issue...

Here people with different setups report similar problems after the upgrade: https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/issues/6957

On 6/17/2022 at 6:30 AM, ich777 said:

Tried it now and let a file play in the background and got no issues at all, about 1:15 playtime so far (with HW transcoding).

Playtime doesn't matter. It somehow happens primarily in the last part of the video (after ~75% remaining playtime after starting point) - independent of length. I tried it with videos 10 min long as well as 3h - always the same result. The last percentage missing means that I can skip back to the point where it stopped (when it is not in the percentage marked as finished). After restarting I can watch again, but it will stop after about the some percentage of planned playtime. Meaning the last second(s) can never be watched.

I tried making a completely new docker container to test it. But it still happens with the update 10.8 and the older version works without problems.

17 minutes ago, cthulhu161 said:

I tried making a completely new docker container to test it. But it still happens with the update 10.8 and the older version works without problems.

First of all please read this post:

Make sure that the permissions on the cache directory are all set correctly and that the cache on which the transcoding folder is doesn't run full.

Other than that I can't really tell much because I will be soon deprecating my container in favor to the official one.

I would recommend switching over and creating an Issue on the Jellyfin GitHub if the issue persists.

Thanks for your support. Switching to jellyfin/jellyfin solved the problem. So 10.8 is finally working on my Unraid. Still don't understand why it doesn't work with your version. In my test version I switched back to your version of 10.8, but it still has the same bug (suddenly stopping after ~80% of the supposed playtime and sending me back to the main screen).

I can exclude permissions and disc space as a problem.

7 hours ago, cthulhu161 said:

Still don't understand why it doesn't work with your version. In my test version I switched back to your version of 10.8

Please note that the official Jellyfin is on 10.8.1 and not 10.8

Anyways, the container will be deprecated soon (when I got time to actually change it...).

• ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - Jellyfin AMD/Intel/Nvidia [DEPRECATED]

ATTENTION: This container is now deprecated because the official container now also fully supports AMD/Intel/Nvidia hardware transcoding.

This container is fully compatible with the official Jellyfin container, to switch over to the official one simply change the repository in your Docker template from 'ich777/jellyfin' to 'jellyfin/jellyfin' like:

To: image.png.6293cc796b1a884e50146dfff07b436b.png

and click image.png.1c3cbd3427e9162c121804069414e2b1.png in the Docker template, this will pull the official image.

If you got any questions feel free to create a post! Thank you for all the support and feedback for this container!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 3:41 AM, ich777 said:

If you got any questions feel free to create a post! Thank you for all the support and feedback for this container!

Hi Ich777,  Changing the repo went seamlessly. However, one issue I am running into off the bat is the skins plugin is broken. I am on skin manager 1.5 and it will not uninstall or disable. I try the upgrade and both 1.5 and 2.1 show up with 1.5 showing ACTIVE while 2.1 says RESTART.  I have tried restarting and still exact same issue.  Not sure what I am doing wrong here and hoping you can help. Log file attached:

Edit: Looks like Skin Manager may not work with Unraid/Docker. I see SQLite errors. Never realized it (and probably should have).

Edited by goldbondx
36 minutes ago, goldbondx said:

Edit: Looks like Skin Manager may not work with Unraid/Docker. I see SQLite errors. Never realized it (and probably should have).

I would recommend that you open a GitHub issue on their official GitHub page here: Click

I have one last question. Started with new install and the official release. I don't see the same nvidia references in the official (nor instructions) which you were fantastic at providing. Does the official not require docker parms like your build did? 

31 minutes ago, goldbondx said:

I have one last question. Started with new install and the official release. I don't see the same nvidia references in the official (nor instructions) which you were fantastic at providing. Does the official not require docker parms like your build did? 

It does need those entries in the template.

You can always visit my Nvidia Driver support thread and look at the second post where I've provided step by step instructions for Emby/Jellyfin/Plex on how to add those to the template.

• ich777 locked this topic