100% CPU on some cores, 100% RAM used - whats going wrong?

Proffles

Hello

I posted about this here:

But nobody replied and Limetree support said start a new thread, so here we go.

image.png.96fe67e6d5d22e11cbfa12741fb8d719.png

Every so often, maybe once a month my server just seems to get messed up. Looking in the GUI the CPU maxes out (not on all cores), docker containers are unresponsive, memory seems to be all used up.
I am just doing a reboot when i notice that it's happened. but obviously this is a crappy workaround.

Diagnostics zip attached. Can anyone help?

Screenshot of top when its happening:

image.png.13ce3eb7edd224580e9e566b452108af.png

server-diagnostics-20210216-1609.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Sorry to see that no one has replied in here.  One thing that I would ask you to try first is to boot in safe mode, which will disable all plugins.  See if you can recreate the issue there.  If so, stop all VMs and containers and see if you can reproduce the crash.  Then slowly turn services on one at a time until you find the culprit.  Its got to be either a plugin or a container or its very likely a hardware issue.

Hello

Hmm, ok the problem with that is that the issue seems to happen randomly. I dont know what triggers it, and it happens maybe once a month or so.

The server is doing stuff - I can't realistically leave it with everything disabled for a month or whatever in the hope that it breaks.

Is there no way to look at those logs etc and try and give a better indication of what to start with?

Thanks