Docker, shares, and UD working, but can't see Main UI (nginx error 500)?

Karyudo

Another unRAID problem that I don't know how to fix....

I tried to copy a bunch of data (100+ GB) from an unassigned drive to an unRAID share. Everything copied except for one folder. I went into Main to see what the remaining space was like on the array and on the UD. The array drive data showed there should be space available. The Unassigned Devices section showed nothing: not "no space"; no drives. That seemed weird. I think I then clicked away to the Docker page (maybe?) and that didn't load—I get an nginx error 500—so I clicked back to Main, and that also didn't load (same error). Huh??

Meanwhile, all Docker containers are running fine, and the shares and unassigned drive are operating normally. Good, of course, but even bigger "Huh?!?"

Not sure what to do next. Haven't rebooted, because all I know how to do is a hard stop, which doesn't seem smart (if I can avoid it).

Don't suppose somebody could help me get this sorted out, please?

On 2/18/2021 at 2:57 AM, Karyudo said:

Nobody's got any ideas...?

Not without the diagnostics, or at least the syslog, got to the console and first try getting the syslog:

cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt

Then type "diagnostics", if the diags finish successfully upload those here, if not upload the syslog.

Hooked up a keyboard and monitor, logged in, then ran the syslog command, above. Seemed to work. Typed "diagnostics," and got "Starting diagnostics collection ...". So far, so good?

How long should it diagnostics take, approximately? It's been something like 10 minutes already. Is that crazy slow? Or is this more of a preclearing-length exercise?

Once the diagnostics complete, I'll have to figure out how to get them off the server without being able to run Krusader.

I guess the diagnostics are not going to complete, then: I was out building something in the shop for an hour or so, and it hadn't completed by the time I checked on it afterward.

Dumb question: How do I escape the failed diagnostics command? I tried Space, Esc, Enter, even Ctrl+Alt+Del... which scared me with a "the system is going to reboot NOW" message, but did nothing.

Slight progress: I was able to cancel the diagnostics thing, and then 'cd /boot' and 'ls' to see that syslog.txt exists. I can 'cd /mnt' to see a bunch of Disk# items, and then I was able to 'cd /Disks/<an Unassigned Disk>.

Then I found a thread (https://forums.unraid.net/topic/67-unraid-commands-for-all/) that had some simple commands that I turned into...

cp -r /boot/syslog.txt /mnt/disks/<UD> 

...and then I was able to see syslog.txt in a share that I could get to from Windows, which is where I'm posting this from now.

syslog.txt

Yeah, the webGUI isn't responding to anything at the moment, and no obvious reason discernable simply from the syslog.

Just do from the command line

powerdown -r

To do a clean reboot.

Oh, and since you said you could still navigate your shares, you could've just navigated to the flash share (if it was exported) to grab the file

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Oh, and since you said you could still navigate your shares, you could've just navigated to the flash share (if it was exported) to grab the file

Big fat "D'oh!" on my part! I didn't recall ever deliberately sharing the Flash, so I never even went looking for it. But sure enough, there it was.... Ah, well: I learned just a little bit more about unRAID/Linux that I hadn't known before, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

I'll do a clean reboot tomorrow morning, as I plan to enjoy the use of the Plex Docker this evening.

Thanks for the help!

On 2/16/2021 at 7:54 PM, Karyudo said:

Another unRAID problem that I don't know how to fix....

I tried to copy a bunch of data (100+ GB) from an unassigned drive to an unRAID share. Everything copied except for one folder. I went into Main to see what the remaining space was like on the array and on the UD. The array drive data showed there should be space available. The Unassigned Devices section showed nothing: not "no space"; no drives. That seemed weird. I think I then clicked away to the Docker page (maybe?) and that didn't load—I get an nginx error 500—so I clicked back to Main, and that also didn't load (same error). Huh??

Meanwhile, all Docker containers are running fine, and the shares and unassigned drive are operating normally. Good, of course, but even bigger "Huh?!?"

Not sure what to do next. Haven't rebooted, because all I know how to do is a hard stop, which doesn't seem smart (if I can avoid it).

Don't suppose somebody could help me get this sorted out, please?

I have same problem.

docker works etc but WEBGUI is not available "nginx error 500".

I shut down the server and restarted.

Now I cannot access webgui, nor start my discs (which are encrypted).

Any help on how to resolve this?

Well, that's weird: I typed 'powerdown -r' in the same session I started yesterday (i.e. still logged in, still in a not-root sub-directory), got the "The system is coming down NOW" message, and then... nothing. It's been something like 20 minutes, and the system is still not actually powering down.

Does that suggest any other problem?

What's the next step? (Since everything is still running except the WebUI, I'm not quite as frustrated or antsy as if nothing were working....)

On 2/20/2021 at 10:29 PM, tmor2 said:

I have same problem.

docker works etc but WEBGUI is not available "nginx error 500".

I shut down the server and restarted.

Now I cannot access webgui, nor start my discs (which are encrypted).

Any help on how to resolve this?

SOLVED

USB stick was dead. Had to reinstall UNRAID OS on a new USB stick. Luckily I had configuration saved.

• Like 1