Odroid H2+ eMMC and iGPU Passthrough

morph3us

Hello!

I have an Unraid build already with an Unraid Pro License. Thats my main server:

Intel i5-10400

32GB Ram

Nvidia 1650 Super

1 TB Nvme Cache Drive

2x1TB Sata SSD as a second Pool (containing apps,vms,...everything that needs a redundancy)

84TB Raw Data Drives (6x10TB+2x12TB all WD Red) with single parity (atm)

1TB uassigned Device Sata SSD used as temp drive for torrent,nzb

120GB Sata SSD for a Windows 10 VM in Dual Boot configuration (ala Spaceinvader One Video style) with the GPU passthrough

Now I bought a Odroid H2+ some time ago with an eMMC (128GB) and a WD SN550 500GB NVME SSD. At the moment this is more like a testbench than a productive Server. Thats why I am "only" using 2 old 2TB WD Green Sata Drives as my array.

I tried unraid first with this baby but wanted to test out all solutions so I tried multiple variants. Tried ESXi. Did not work because the drivers for the Nic´s are not in the new version. And the only version that works is an old Version with the drivers integrated into the ISO. Tried Proxmox, same story. Tried Truenas, same story. So I got back to unraid. 

So most stuff works fine. I use the Spin Drives as an Array with parity. The WD SSD is my Cache drive. Now I want to elevate this second Device to a second unraid server. But there are 2 things that are bugging me.

First: I cant use the eMMC in unraid. I dont want to use it in the array or Cache drive. What I want is a dual boot solution like I did with my main Server. For some reasons:

-I can boot the Windows any time I want and run diagnostics on the hardware, baremetal

-All my data and configurations I make in a passed through win 10 vm stays seperated on the eMMC

-If all works, I dont have to sacrifice disk space to a second Windows 10 Installation on my cache drive

I tried to passthrough the Intel SD Controller directly to the VM but it is not booting from it. Probably Seabios/ovmf cant see the emmc? I even tried installing Windows on the eMMC that way. No chance. If I create a VM and pass it through to windows afterwards I can see the eMMC perfectly fine! I can access it withing the windows VM. So it must be unraid/seabios´s fault.

Second: I would like to passthrough the Intel iGPU. I know thats harder than the 1650 Super from my main setup.

But maybe someone got all of it running already?! I tried to search this forum but all I found was either not related to my issue or was not solved.

Edited by morph3us