Strange issue with VM and internet

Badboy

Hi,

Very strange situation going on I can’t figure it out. I used the reset button on the ISP box, and rebooted the devices to see if it fixed the problem. Nope.

Running Xpenology as a VM in Unraid. VPN Server is not on. I left all settings default when I connected Cyberghost. I have Cyberghost connected following these instructions.
https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012606699-How-to-use-CyberGhostVPN-on-Synology-NAS-via-OpenVPN  FYI:  No kill switch in place.

Here’s the problem, when I start the VM up now with the apps running it lasts about 20-30 minutes then I lose my internet. Before it quit I was able to login to the VM.   

I have given the VM 4 Cores – 6G Ram

Router is bridged with the ISP box.

In Xpenology I have the following:

Sonarr
Raddarr
NZBGET

All from Xpenology community apps.   

The desktop pulls its internet from the server through a 10 Gig network card.  Is it possible the VM is corrupted? It still shouldn’t shut the internet down should it?  I could see if Cyberghost had a kill switch.,  The other strange thing is I can’t reach Plex from the browser anymore,  but it’s working.  I’m thinking maybe the drive that the VM is on is starting to go, or the ISP box has a conflict.  I can’t access it at moment password they gave me doesn’t work. Everything runs fine until I turn the VM on.  I will try an update on the router tonight.  Could be a DNS issue, not sure what is causing it.

Any ideas? Thank you.

17 hours ago, Badboy said:

Hi,

Very strange situation going on I can’t figure it out. I used the reset button on the ISP box, and rebooted the devices to see if it fixed the problem. Nope.

Running Xpenology as a VM in Unraid. VPN Server is not on. I left all settings default when I connected Cyberghost. I have Cyberghost connected following these instructions.
https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012606699-How-to-use-CyberGhostVPN-on-Synology-NAS-via-OpenVPN  FYI:  No kill switch in place.

Here’s the problem, when I start the VM up now with the apps running it lasts about 20-30 minutes then I lose my internet. Before it quit I was able to login to the VM.   

I have given the VM 4 Cores – 6G Ram

Router is bridged with the ISP box.

In Xpenology I have the following:

Sonarr
Raddarr
NZBGET

All from Xpenology community apps.   

The desktop pulls its internet from the server through a 10 Gig network card.  Is it possible the VM is corrupted? It still shouldn’t shut the internet down should it?  I could see if Cyberghost had a kill switch.,  The other strange thing is I can’t reach Plex from the browser anymore,  but it’s working.  I’m thinking maybe the drive that the VM is on is starting to go, or the ISP box has a conflict.  I can’t access it at moment password they gave me doesn’t work. Everything runs fine until I turn the VM on.  I will try an update on the router tonight.  Could be a DNS issue, not sure what is causing it.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Update: I think it is Cyberghost draining my internet connections for some reason. I have 1gig down and 30up.  As soon as NZBget starts downloading I start losing my internet. Not sure what to think at this point.