USB Devices Manager Plugin

SimonF

I am working on my plugin and I am looking for feedback on existing functions and addition functions people would like to see. Currently its called USBIP Gui, but supports other USB functions.

Plugin is currently still Beta.

Auto Connect USB devices to a VM when connected(no longer need to specify in VM).

Support for Multiple same vendor/product devices(Device Must have a unique serial number).

USBIP Host and Client support.

Auto Connect a USB device to a VM when it starts.(Dependency on QEMU hook file manual update currently required to add function).

My current list of things to be looked at/Considered.

Update of qemu hook file at installation/removal.

Add checks before historical info can be removed.

Rename Plugin to USB Manager or something.

Change to include USBIP package install in the settings page.

Hub View(include USB hubs)

Auto Bind for USBIP option.

Disable VM Attach Button if bound and Disable Auto Connect to VM if Bound/Attach to remote USBIP host.

Set option for a physical port. i.e. port 3-6 always bind to the same VM  when a device is connected, device independent. 

USB RX/TX will need USBMON/USBTOP

Multiple VMs defined to a device and Priority for Connect options. 

Code tidy.

USBIP Security, needs Kernel Drivers and Tools to support, not currently in USBIP V2.1

Support Tread if you want any more info.

• Like 1

Yes it works on both 6.8.3 which doesnt support USBIP and 6.9.0rcs It will install the USBIP package, but none of the modules or Daemon are started unless you specify in the settings.

Did you install the Usbip commands package or the one which is called usbip-gui. Only the later has the gui function.

Just now, SimonF said:

Yes it works on both 6.8.3 which doesnt support USBIP and 6.9.0rcs It will install the USBIP package, but none of the modules or Daemon are started unless you specify in the settings.

Did you install the Usbip commands package or the one which is called usbip-gui. Only the later has the gui function.

Yes, definitely the usbip-gui package.

Hmm.... strangely, after trying to open its settings from the Plugins tab, I tried to visit it via Settings -> USB Settings, which just took me to /USBIP_Settings with the two options (Enable USBIP and Enable USB on Dashboard) both "Disabled", but doing this--just visiting that page without making any changes--resulted in the USB tab appearing in my interface, with that URL /USB. I just tested it to mount a USB flash drive in Windows 10, and it worked fine. So I'm not sure what happened here to delay its working, but it does seem to be working now.

• Like 1