Cache only share on multiple cache pools

craigr

To elaborate, it would be really cool to have a share that's set to cache only that could technically be allowed to reside on multiple cache pools.  For example, right now I have a solitary 10TB cache drive with an appdata folder, but I also have a second cache pool using two SSD's in RAID1 that also has an appdata folder.  I wound up doing this because I discovered that my PLEX DVR was writing hundreds of GBs a day to my SSD pool for its recording buffer, and I do not want to burn through my SSD drives for that.  I do however want the rest of my apps data to be on the RAID1 pool for redundancy.  So I moved PLEX back to the old spinner, but the rest of my appdata is still on the second SSD cache pool.

It doesn't seem that unRAID actually minds this arrangement.  However, when a cache only share is created one needs to specify which cache drive it will reside on.  It seems to me that this might cause some sort of issue down the road.

Would it be possible to add an option for a cache only share which allows selecting multiple cache pools similar to the way one can specify which discs in the array a user share is allowed to use?

Thanks and kind regards,

craigr