[SOLVED] Changed PCIe ACS Override Setting - Now Network & Keyboard Not Working

flexage

Hey all,

Like the title says, I was attempting to see the native IOMMU grouping of my pci devices, so I disabled the PCIe ACS Override setting and rebooted.

The Web Gui didn't come back up, so I switched on the monitor, and could see the CLI login prompt, and could see an IPV4 address hadn't been assigned. I attempted to log in, but nothing I typed would appear on the screen.

Since I hadn't seen any hard drive led activity during the boot I felt confident that the array hadn't come online, so I pressed the hardware power button and did a graceful shutdown.

I rebooted, and confirmed that I could use the keyboard to access the bios, all good there.

I continued with the boot, and selected the option to boot into safe mode, with the gui enabled - hoping that I can get access to the dashboard and check things over.

Unfortunately, the same issue with the keyboard not working persists here too.

I've tried 3 different keyboards in total, and tried both having the keyboard connected at boot, and unplugging and reattaching the keyboard after the gui loads... still no luck.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Edited by flexage

Nevermind, I found a fix.

I pulled the thumb drive from the server, and stuck it in a laptop.

Checking over the config files, I could see some VFIO device bindings that were probably pointing at addresses that had changed since being bound.

So I cleared off the bindings in the config file, reattached the thumb drive, and was able to boot successfully.

• Like 1
  • flexage changed the title to [SOLVED] Changed PCIe ACS Override Setting - Now Network & Keyboard Not Working
  • 1 month later...

I just had a look at a backup of my usb as i couldn't remember off the top of my head.

The file I edited to fix this issue was: `/config/vfio-pci.cfg`

Before modifying ANY file on your USB, I suggest you make a backup of that file.

The contents of that file for me were very short, with something similar to the following:

BIND=0000:25:00.0|10de:0f00 0000:25:00.1|10de:0bea

The above references 2 hardware addresses to be bound to vfio, each separated by a space.

I either deleted that whole line, or deleted everything after `BIND=`

I'm sorry I can't remember exactly, it's been 2 months since I had this issue.

If you make sure to take a backup of that file before you edit it, then I don't think there's any harm in making changes.

I hope this helps you get back up and running

• Like 1