[SUPPORT] Photoview - CorneliousJD Repo

Hi.

I have an issue that the log is growing too large. My docker container file is growing too large, and it's the log size of photoview that is the cause.

Got a tip from their discord that I could add this, to prevent the log from growing too large:

logging:
            driver: "json-file"
            options:
                max-size: "50m"

How do I add this to the docker template in Unraid?

• 1 month later...

I could install the app, the tables in the database got created and filled up with image information.

On the disk, there are a lot of thumbnail folders with correct thumbs.

grafik.thumb.png.6744a3e7ca776bcf2c7ea70f22881c62.png

But i can't see any images on the photos page.

grafik.thumb.png.1e4d4fbcfe96d8ea87fb7acdd11e1246.png

The Album page returns a sql error

SQL Log Errors:

2021/07/12 07:36:00 /app/graphql/models/album.go:53 Error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'recursive sub_albums AS (

today at 07:36:00 SELECT * FROM albums AS root WHERE id IN (?,?,?,?)

today at 07:36:00 ' at line 1

today at 07:36:00 [0.097ms] [rows:0]

today at 07:36:00 WITH recursive sub_albums AS (

today at 07:36:00 SELECT * FROM albums AS root WHERE id IN (1,2,3,4)

today at 07:36:00 UNION ALL

today at 07:36:00 SELECT child.* FROM albums AS child JOIN sub_albums ON child.parent_album_id = sub_albums.id

today at 07:36:00 )

today at 07:36:00 2021/07/12 07:36:00 WARN: error authenticating photo: Error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'recursive sub_albums AS (

today at 07:36:00 SELECT * FROM albums AS root WHERE id IN (?,?,?,?)

today at 07:36:00 ' at line 1

today at 07:36:00

today at 07:36:00 SELECT * FROM `sub_albums` WHERE id = 2

grafik.thumb.png.1a93b0422e4aeb2d7a9fa02e823e9312.png

People get recognized, but the images are not shown

grafik.thumb.png.e6fc06cc6e517fa72efcb30f50e369b0.png

any tipps?

Edited by corgan
On 6/8/2021 at 7:27 PM, Bitbass said:

Can someone write up the MariaDB process for creating the user and DB? I've tried and I think I have it set up correctly, but I'm getting an access denied. Can't tell if I need to open something up on MariaDB or if I created or assigned the user incorrectly. This is all docker on Unraid and it's all new install.

A bit old now, but for anyone else, to set up a mariadb container I referred back to @SpaceInvaderOne tutorial on setting up Nextcloud Here Very quick and simple.

After reading through a Reddit debate on multiple databases per install, I went with a separate mariadb designated for Photoview.

I've been looking for a good photo gallery for me and sharing with family/friends. I wish I could get rid of the Info sidebar (supposedly coming) and I wish it had some internal photo management stuff (moving/tagging) but so far not too bad.

Edited by Loch

Do I need MariaDB or MySQL, or would a Postgres DB work?

Edit: apparently it won't work, so I created a MariaDB. 

Does anyone know if you can merge multiple people to the same "Person"?  I see a bunch of the same people as separate.

Also, I don't think the Public Endpoint thing is working - when I create a public link, it still shows my internal IP address.

Edited by Coolsaber57
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I've installed it and it works great when connected via ip on LAN.

I configured an entry in nginx for it but this refuses to work, I just get a blank screen.

The log shows unauthorized:

2021/08/10 09:55:48 Did not find auth-token cookie
2021/08/10 09:55:48 [0;34;49mGET [0;36;49m304[0m shpitz.com/ [0;36;49m257.538µs[0m unauthenticated
2021/08/10 09:55:48 [0;34;49mGET [0;32;49m200[0m shpitz.com/favicon.ico [0;36;49m559.947µs[0m unauthenticated
2021/08/10 09:55:48 [0;34;49mGET [0;36;49m304[0m shpitz.com/ [0;36;49m257.538µs[0m unauthenticated
2021/08/10 09:55:48 [0;34;49mGET [0;32;49m200[0m shpitz.com/favicon.ico [0;36;49m559.947µs[0m unauthenticated

My nginx Manager works great with other containers.

I tried toggling nginx settings on/off to no avail.

Any idea what I am missing?

Thanks!

On 7/17/2021 at 8:53 PM, Coolsaber57 said:

Does anyone know if you can merge multiple people to the same "Person"?  I see a bunch of the same people as separate.

You sure can.

1. Go into a face

2. Click on Merge Face button at the top, above all the images

3. Select a face to merge with

4. Click Merge

Hello All,

Thanks for reading into my isssue. 

The first time I setup photoview, it ran fine and imported all my media. However, all the RAW's that were imported, did not display correctly. This is when I stopped mid import and used this modification below which helped fix the RAW photos displaying.

PHOTOVIEW_PUBLIC_ENDPOINT: http://IP:8694/

However, after restarting the photoview server, I started getting weird errors and none of my photos showed up anymore. I completely deleted Mariadb and Photoview and set it up all from scratch again.

I am now getting the errors in the attached. Can anyone help me out? I also added setup screen

Thank you

Photoview server error.jpg

Edited by UnBeastRaid
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 1:46 AM, UnBeastRaid said:

Hello All,

Thanks for reading into my isssue. 

The first time I setup photoview, it ran fine and imported all my media. However, all the RAW's that were imported, did not display correctly. This is when I stopped mid import and used this modification below which helped fix the RAW photos displaying.

PHOTOVIEW_PUBLIC_ENDPOINT: http://IP:8694/

However, after restarting the photoview server, I started getting weird errors and none of my photos showed up anymore. I completely deleted Mariadb and Photoview and set it up all from scratch again.

I am now getting the errors in the attached. Can anyone help me out? I also added setup screen

Thank you

Photoview server error.jpg

same problem,no such file or directory

• 4 weeks later...

Hi CorneliousJD,

Just want to say keep up the great, work! I just finished scanning thousands of raw photos and I love how simple, fast and responsive the whole thing is! This really is a great solution for photographers.

In regards to future features, I'm wondering if there's anything planned for the ability to tag photos and create users to view only those said tags. For example, family photo tags to be able to give family members access to photos with only the "family" tag? Having this feature would really make sharing and managing user accounts much easier.

Thank you!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Craftee said:

Hi CorneliousJD,

Just want to say keep up the great, work! I just finished scanning thousands of raw photos and I love how simple, fast and responsive the whole thing is! This really is a great solution for photographers.

In regards to future features, I'm wondering if there's anything planned for the ability to tag photos and create users to view only those said tags. For example, family photo tags to be able to give family members access to photos with only the "family" tag? Having this feature would really make sharing and managing user accounts much easier.

Thank you!

Glad you have things working for you - I'm actually not the developer and have nothing to do with the development of this app, I just created the docker container template for unraid to bring it to unraid users easily.

You may want to check the developers github page to see if they have this as planned features or ping them there to see.

Good luck!

12 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

Glad you have things working for you - I'm actually not the developer and have nothing to do with the development of this app, I just created the docker container template for unraid to bring it to unraid users easily.

You may want to check the developers github page to see if they have this as planned features or ping them there to see.

Good luck!

I see, thanks for the clarification. Either way, thanks for creating and maintaining the docker!

Ill redirect the inquiry to the developers of Photoview ;-)

Edited by Craftee
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, shpitz461 said:

Hi everyone, I've installed it and it works great when connected via ip on LAN.

I configured an entry in nginx for it but this refuses to work, I just get a blank screen.

The log shows unauthorized:

My nginx Manager works great with other containers.

I tried toggling nginx settings on/off to no avail.

Any idea what I am missing?

Thanks!

Hi,

did you find a sollution to that? I had it running via nginx for a while now perfectly fine. But after oe of the last updates it stopped working. Direkt ip is fine. Via nginx im not able to log in- Ngin conf did not change.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 12:32 PM, dehein2 said:

Hi,

did you find a sollution to that? I had it running via nginx for a while now perfectly fine. But after oe of the last updates it stopped working. Direkt ip is fine. Via nginx im not able to log in- Ngin conf did not change.

Thanks

Hey, could you share the nginx config that was working for you for a while?

Tried with caddy and nginx and i am not able to get it to work.

Thanks

Edit: Switched my whole setup to nginx proxy manager (NPM) and it works

Edited by SeaMax
5 hours ago, SeaMax said:

Hey, could you share the nginx config that was working for you for a while?

Tried with caddy and nginx and i am not able to get it to work.

Thanks

Hi,

of course. the config that is now working again is the following. I had the above mentioned issue only with firefox from "outside". Other browser and in the wan it seems to work fine ... no clue why ;)

## Version 2021/04/28
# Ensure your DNS has a CNAME set for Photoprism and that Photoprism container is not using a base URL. 

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name photo.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_app Photoview;
        set $upstream_port 80;
        set $upstream_proto http;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

# enables WS support
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";

}
    }

• 2 months later...

Sorry if this has already been asked.  I had a search, but couldn't find an answer.

By default, the cache directory is (PHOTOVIEW_MEDIA_CACHE variable):

/app/cache

This is stored in the actual docker instance as opposed to the Unraid appdata location.

Are people choosing a non-default cache location?  If so, what examples do you have?  My thought was to create the cache folder in appdata, delete it from within the docker image and then reference it in the config.  I wasn't sure if that would work, and how to correctly reference the appdata folder (in other cases like Radarr etc, you can select the Path config type and then browse to the correct folder.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, h3x3d said:

Sorry if this has already been asked.  I had a search, but couldn't find an answer.

By default, the cache directory is (PHOTOVIEW_MEDIA_CACHE variable):

/app/cache

This is stored in the actual docker instance as opposed to the Unraid appdata location.

Are people choosing a non-default cache location?  If so, what examples do you have?  My thought was to create the cache folder in appdata, delete it from within the docker image and then reference it in the config.  I wasn't sure if that would work, and how to correctly reference the appdata folder (in other cases like Radarr etc, you can select the Path config type and then browse to the correct folder.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

The second section in the template is asking where you want to map /app/cache to, as a volume. It should default to your cache (appdata) directory.

image.thumb.png.a01043f642acd60c3b403104f796809a.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks like my setup stopped working around March of this year, and had previously been working great.  I use MariaDB as my backend.

When I open the page, it looks like it can't find or open the thumbnails:

image.thumb.png.f0bf48c5a1e6a4e352a0d1a797e6740e.png

When I look at the log, I see a few of these errors (not sure if relevant):

2022/05/18 11:30:05 [0;32;49mPOST [0;32;49m200[0m localhost/api/graphql [0;36;49m514.146µs[0m unauthenticated
2022/05/18 11:31:05 Did not find auth-token cookie
2022/05/18 11:31:05 [0;32;49mPOST [0;32;49m200[0m localhost/api/graphql [0;36;49m527.066µs[0m unauthenticated

In the console, I see: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () a bunch of times for the thumbnails.

Any advice as to where to start?

1 minute ago, Coolsaber57 said:

It looks like my setup stopped working around March of this year, and had previously been working great.  I use MariaDB as my backend.

When I open the page, it looks like it can't find or open the thumbnails:

image.thumb.png.f0bf48c5a1e6a4e352a0d1a797e6740e.png

When I look at the log, I see a few of these errors (not sure if relevant):

2022/05/18 11:30:05 [0;32;49mPOST [0;32;49m200[0m localhost/api/graphql [0;36;49m514.146µs[0m unauthenticated
2022/05/18 11:31:05 Did not find auth-token cookie
2022/05/18 11:31:05 [0;32;49mPOST [0;32;49m200[0m localhost/api/graphql [0;36;49m527.066µs[0m unauthenticated

In the console, I see: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () a bunch of times for the thumbnails.

Any advice as to where to start?

All the thumbnails should be in your /mnt/user/appdata/photoview/ folder -- can you verify that they are actually there and accessible? You should be able to open them and actually view them.

Also expand the settings in the docker container itself and make sure that the cache is set to app/cache -- since your app/cache is there the appdata is and where the thumbnails should be stored.

image.png.96c7f4a40ca2406a0a75a72f36e00b15.png

56 minutes ago, Coolsaber57 said:

I confirmed that the /app/cache is in the config.  

I opened the photoview folder and see about 1100 folders containing thumbnails.  I'm not sure why it isn't creating new thumbnails after 3/31.  Not sure what happened at that time.

That's odd, I double checked my instance and it's indeed still working and generating thumbs properly.

Is your periodic scanner still setup to scan for new photos? If so and nothing else seems off, I'd suggest taking this to the github issues page since it isn't unraid-specific it seems. they would be the ones better equipped to help.

Of course feel free to post solutions here if you find them for others to see!